• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 19th Storm OBS Thread

DCAlexandria

Snow has dialed back to light after steady moderate stuff for the last hour plus. Looks like it’s about to backfill on the radar though! Already have refreshed and exceeded snowpack from early week. Don’t have a clean surface to check accurately but given that milestone, it’s gotta be 2+ already. I want a death band later today to push 5-6 for the storm!

• Like 1

Do we have to congratulate the HRRR? I feel like while other models were keying in on the h5 stuff being better for us (commendably), the HRRR was the only one willing to ALSO bump the QPF towards 4 AND keep it there for a wide swathe of the forum. Also seems to be really keen on the wrap around.

Just now, baltosquid said:

Do we have to congratulate the HRRR? I feel like while other models were keying in on the h5 stuff being better for us (commendably), the HRRR was the only one willing to ALSO bump the QPF towards 4 AND keep it there for a wide swathe of the forum. Also seems to be really keen on the wrap around.

It didn't know what was happening until 8am this morning

6 minutes ago, LeesburgWx said:

It didn't know what was happening until 8am this morning

It was probably the wettest at 00z. Wetter than the NAM and the globals by a tenth of an inch QPF or more! sure, every model has been busted by the upside here to an extent but HRRR was definitely ahead of the curve before game time