Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 15-16 Storm Thread 3: Obs and Disco

stormtracker

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I ran out of reactions to give, but I appreciate the sentiment. Include @wxmvpetefrom now on. He’s an incredible Met and a great friend. Went to Millersville together for a time and work together at WPC. Amazing mind for winter weather and analysis. We’ve been looking forward to a day like this for a long time. It’s been a nice storm so far and will only continue to crank overnight. 

Yup. I went to MU as well with him, but he was going through the met program after I transferred out to Geography & Emergency Management. Pretty sure he was my lead forecaster for a semester. Solid dude.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

3-6” is a solid bar right now. We are over 2” currently and the good stuff is really just starting. NAM has been steady 4.5-6” for several runs. Sounds right for what’s transpiring. You in North FDK? 

Sounds good to me. Yeah, right on the other side of the Rt. 15 bridge. North crossing/willowbrook near the sheetz. 

3 minutes ago, EB89 said:

Sounds good to me. Yeah, right on the other side of the Rt. 15 bridge. North crossing/willowbrook near the sheetz. 

Oh yeah. You are close. Right down the hill off Christopher Crossing. That Sheetz is my morning stop and gas fill up station. I’m right up the hill from you. I’ll wave next time :)

Also want to say, I appreciate all the input from skilled hobbyists like Bob Chill, Jayyy, Heisy, PSU, and many others on here, many of these folks really should be red tagged. I just can't believe the free education I get on here. This board is so fascinating and engrossing, I lose a lot of time lmao! Also when I am delivering! Need to leave that 5G tablet at home!

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yup. I went to MU as well with him, but he was going through the met program after I transferred out to Geography & Emergency Management. Pretty sure he was my lead forecaster for a semester. Solid dude.

Awesome! We’ll have to get together at some point. Millersville reunion. Especially now that I’m not 1700 miles away!

• Like 3

Just now, Jebman said:

Also want to say, I appreciate all the input from skilled hobbyists like Bob Chill, Jayyy, Heisy, PSU, and many others on here, many of these folks really should be red tagged. I just can't believe the free education I get on here. This board is so fascinating and engrossing, I lose a lot of time lmao! Also when I am delivering! Need to leave that 5G tablet at home!

Agreed, they would all make great meteorologists. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

I ran out of reactions to give, but I appreciate the sentiment. Include @wxmvpetefrom now on. He’s an incredible Met and a great friend. Went to Millersville together for a time and work together at WPC. Amazing mind for winter weather and analysis. We’ve been looking forward to a day like this for a long time. It’s been a nice storm so far and will only continue to crank overnight. 

Very happy to work with these guys at WPC. And to you Scott and Pete: Perfect timing for 3 days off! Yeah baby! :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WxMan1 said:

Very happy to work with these guys at WPC. And to you Scott and Pete: Perfect timing for 3 days off! Yeah baby! :)

Yessir! I’m off till next week lol. I picked one hell of a time for a staycation. Hope all is well at the office! Glad we are all cashing in. Long time coming :snowing:

• Like 5