• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential extensive winter event, I-95 west and with again a chance for NYC first inch(es) of snow Mon or more likely Tue Jan 16, 2024 (serves as OBS thread as well)

wdrag

4 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

New York City (Central Park) has received 1.4" of snow through 7 am, including 1.0" today. That ends the City's record 701-day stretch without an inch of daily snowfall.

image.png.ea187fa84efc9619736f459da93f3b24.png

What is a bit amazing though. Still the record for the longest gap between 2" snowfalls in NYC. (2/13/20212 had 1.6" of snow). It's been 721 since the last 2"+ snowfall  (7.3" on 1/29/2022). 

The previous record (that I have) was in 703 days ending 2/16/1902.  

I have this current stretch at 721 days. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

SE Suffolk might be freezing rain now based on CC. Nasty. 

The good news is it's close to 32. It's self limiting during the day and with temps rising slowly it'll prevent any significant issues. It's gonna be a problem tonight though when temps crash with standing water. 

12 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 8 am we're up to 2.2" and still snowing at 26F, so temps are on the increase as the mix line gets closer (looks to be 15-20 miles SE of me). Looks like another decent band is to our SW from Philly to Trenton and will hopefully hit us (as snow).

Anyone SW of me (New Brunswick to Princeton) know if that nice band heading NE towards me is still snow?  Anyone?  

5 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

The good news is it's close to 32. It's self limiting during the day and with temps rising slowly it'll prevent any significant issues. It's gonna be a problem tonight though when temps crash with standing water. 

Might not be the worst thing to preserve the snow for some sleet/rain to freeze into it later. And yes roads will likely be worse later with a crash freeze into the teens. 

• Like 2

Just now, psv88 said:

Sleet now and 30. Temp rising quickly now. Hopefully we don’t lose this snow 

I highly doubt it. HRRR has freezing rain for a while here but at 32 if it’s heavy a lot would just run off. We have that issue with the easterly wind we normally have but it may just get to 33-34 which would melt off very little. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

I highly doubt it. HRRR has freezing rain for a while here but at 32 if it’s heavy a lot would just run off. We have that issue with the easterly wind we normally have but it may just get to 33-34 which would melt off very little. 

These temps are spiking quickly. Upton says 33 for the high but we may blow past that. Would be nice if the coastal started cranking so the wind would shift