Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/9-1/10 Now Morphing to Less-Than-Exciting Power Cutter

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, alex said:

LOL! Hey, we should get some credit for it being already all shoveled. This stuff is heart attack material -  but if you don't do it now, it's not gonna be fun later

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

cover that grille. the door is ri:Ppped off too

Lol, thats great.  My grill door blew off the last wind storm the other week, I literally cant find it..:lol:

Just now, dryslot said:

Shocked, With some thinking we were getting hurricane force winds, You could of let the wind take them down.

We did have some decent wind here (I'm about a mile from the ocean), but no real damage and we never lost power; it helps to be near a main artery with a fire station at each end. I didn't even lose any tree limbs, I assume partly because the last storm took out all the low-hanging fruit. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

My sister has lived in her house in York for 20 years, this is the first year she's been getting water in her basement from groundwater seeping in, she's having a sump pump installed although a year like this may never happen again. She had her basement flood twice later in the summer/fall and today.

Something that got me on 10/31/2021 and a relative of mine in Bow a couple years earlier was a plugged outlet to our foundation drains.  Both of us ended up with flooded basements after heavy rain storms.  His was a good distance from his house and packed with dirt.  Mine is very accessible and visible but got plugged with leaves and grass clippings over a 15 year period.  Once I got it unplugged, it flowed for DAYS.  Basement water level dropped almost immediately.  

Not sure if this could be the case for your sister, but it's definitely worth looking into.  Very quick and easy fix for a major problem.  

• Like 1

Well it's noon and finally got power back.  We had 7" of snow before the flip at 130am.  Temperatures stayed around 35 to 36F until 9am this morning with the high at 41F right now.  Winds cranked up here with a peak wind of 44mph around 5am.

I started with 11" of powder on the ground and now have 11" of extremely heavy pack.  Impossible to snowblow this stuff.

That brings me to 35" so far on the season

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Layman said:

Something that got me on 10/31/2021 and a relative of mine in Bow a couple years earlier was a plugged outlet to our foundation drains.  Both of us ended up with flooded basements after heavy rain storms.  His was a good distance from his house and packed with dirt.  Mine is very accessible and visible but got plugged with leaves and grass clippings over a 15 year period.  Once I got it unplugged, it flowed for DAYS.  Basement water level dropped almost immediately.  

Not sure if this could be the case for your sister, but it's definitely worth looking into.  Very quick and easy fix for a major problem.  

I'll mention it to her, she did have a couple guys come look at it and recommended a drain with a sump pump, but I'll let her know, thanks.

• Like 1