• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

Only squeezed out an inch of slush last night, even though there are substantially higher reports nearby. Looks like the backside snows might make up for the dud WAA band however.

Snowing now, even though models had it switching to rain here by now.

2 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

Automatic F grade for winter when you hear pingers bouncing off your windows. For those receiving snow today, enjoy it 

Oh my Sweet Summer Child...

Until you've had to suffer through the torture that is 10 straight hours of non-stop pinging on your windows, I feel no sympathy...:P

• Like 3

Couple inches on the ground prior to noon now rain.  Next he wait game to switch back later tonight and the backlash tomorrow for this system.  Nice to finally have a real storm event!!  :thumbsup:

Hope you all in IL/WI/IA enjoy!! :snowwindow:

4 minutes ago, TravisWx said:

Temps slowly drifting lower. Had some initial fluffy snow around 10:30am for a half hour. Then transitioned to light rain. Heavy band of snow knocking on the door now, should be here within an hour.

2 minutes ago, Imneversatisfied said:

Bright returns on radar have begun to move into the Alpena area. All snow so far. Just beginning to accumulate on grass. Hope it's the last time I see grass for a few months.

Looks like you both should do well.  Would be surprised if you get upgraded to warning.  I was just a Petoskey last week.  It was crazy seeing so little snow. Thankfully that is finally over :thumbsup: 

27 minutes ago, Powerball said:

Oh my Sweet Summer Child...

Until you've had to suffer through the torture that is 10 straight hours of non-stop pinging on your windows, I feel no sympathy...:P

I am not your sweet summer child and I dunno what 10 hours you are referring to lol. While detroit always seems to get in on pingers, I don't recall having 10 hours of it. I remember ghd 11 was a few hours.

Just now, Stevo6899 said:

I am not your sweet summer child and I dunno what 10 hours you are referring to lol. While detroit always seems to get in on pingers, I don't recall having 10 hours of it. I remember ghd 11 was a few hours.

It could be when he has lived down south :facepalm:

• Haha 1

Been lightly snowing for awhile. Not really accumulating. Maybe an inch down. 3.8" call looking good if not robust. The road to 20-25" seasonal totals continues

Edit: moderate snow starting to accumulate

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stebo said:

It could be when he has lived down south :facepalm:

Yea I dont know his history of where he's lived or for how long. I know he recently moved to Dallas but its not believable to have 10 hours of pingers no matter the location. insert middle finger emoji.

11 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Yea I dont know his history of where he's lived or for how long. I know he recently moved to Dallas but its not believable to have 10 hours of pingers no matter the location. insert middle finger emoji.

I had pingers for the entire storm last year when area's to my south were getting a massive ice storm.  So it definitely can happen. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Weird how Midway has had more than Rockford. Doesn't seem possible.

MDW was actually under better quality radar returns overnight.

Additionally, RFD has a long history of measurement issues.

13 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Weird how Midway has had more than Rockford. Doesn't seem possible.

Rockford's closing that gap and will take the lead in no time: https://www.mystateline.com/skytrack-rockford/

It's kind of snowing here now... big gloopy flakes coming straight down that look like raindrops in the puddles. Nothing like that webcam.

• Like 1

After wavering around the metro area for a while, the R/S line is finally crashing back southeastward.

Areas closer to the lake in E Lake and Cook Co's will still have to fight the lake influence for a while longer though.

• Like 4