• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

2 hours ago, Malacka11 said:

Like I said in the other thread, idc about getting missed just don't let something crucial break down four days out and the whole storm vanishes overnight again or some shit. 

I'm sick and F****n tired of getting missed. There I said it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Baum said:

I'm sick and F****n tired of getting missed. There I said it.

Oh I feel you for sure. I'm just saying that out of the two sad endings, I'd much rather take the one that at least keeps a bit of hope alive you know?

• Like 2

The trends on the Northeast storm have me on edge wrt this storm, but both of the "storms" can't go poof like old times can they... I guess we'll see if past winter trends continue. Nice to see the CMC join the GFS on approximate track. Probably shouldn't pay close attention until a few days from now anyways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chicago916 said:

The trends on the Northeast storm have me on edge wrt this storm, but both of the "storms" can't go poof like old times can they... I guess we'll see if past winter trends continue. Nice to see the CMC join the GFS on approximate track. Probably shouldn't pay close attention until a few days from now anyways.

Literally my exact thoughts. Though that initially wasn't looking potent then trended that way and now has trended down. This storm has consistently looked like a big dog in long range and now medium range. But not going to lie, definitely nervous on a downward trend as it approaches. 

If you treat the operational runs as essentially ensemble members in their own right, especially at this range of the forecast, it makes sense to see blips like the 12z Euro operational, since there had already been ensemble solutions similar to that.

A wide range of outcomes remain on the table while the big picture idea of a strong/deepening SLP tracking over the region still holds. Assuming the Pacific recon flights are happening, that may help narrow the goalposts some by later in the work week.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 7

6 hours ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Euro would have alek posting the eurythmics while SE Iowa to NW IL get smoked. Most of LOT would do solid. 

Models have been rug pulling for so long that it’s tough to buy in at this range, agreement or not. 

edit- forgot the image

image.thumb.png.b3d0c50186dca027bebac66e2958ed65.png

Memories of 07-08

I'm fine with this thread though I would have waited a couple more days. That being said there will be a storm for the region in the period, the devil is in the details and will be for a while as we still have the storm to go south of most of us this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

Definitely afraid of a nw trend on this one with how strong the low is. I don't have a lot of wiggle room. Lol. Going to be a nail biter for sure. Key will be how quick trough goes neg tilt and how fast that low takes off because that's when it will start taking a more ne turn. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Definitely afraid of a nw trend on this one with how strong the low is. I don't have a lot of wiggle room. Lol. Going to be a nail biter for sure. Key will be how quick trough goes neg tilt and how fast that low takes off because that's when it will start taking a more ne turn. 

The main key will be where the high to the east sets up and how strong, and if there is a piece of energy to the north that could help swing the low north and put in some lead edge WAA that could present boundary layer issues. If there isn't a piece of energy to the north and you end up with more of a banana low this could lift northeast and then slide east from there. A lot of moving pieces still.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Stebo said:

The main key will be where the high to the east sets up and how strong, and if there is a piece of energy to the north that could help swing the low north and put in some lead edge WAA that could present boundary layer issues. If there isn't a piece of energy to the north and you end up with more of a banana low this could lift northeast and then slide east from there. A lot of moving pieces still.

Explains the model chaos right now. I think noaa is sending out plans to get data at some point this week. Definitely need some sampling of our system. 

Heck of a system on there, not often you see sub 980 mb rolling thru the GL. Concerned about the severe side of things robbing this one of moisture on the backside, with the 540 line digging all the way to the GOM and FL I'd expect some serious convection on the southern end of this.