• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7 Storm Discussion: we’re due?

WxUSAF

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

Bottomed out at 27, rose back up to 28.8. 

dewpoint 22

clouds probably rolled overhead

Same 26 here up to 28 however peeped outside and noticed some stars peeking thru the high clouds. Looks like there is about a hour break in cloud coverage https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G16&sector=ne&band=GEOCOLOR&length=12&refresh=true before the deeper cloud coverage rolls in. Maybe we knock another degree or 2 off the temp and dewpoints.

1 hour ago, Terpeast said:

Most are in 20s already. Last run had us in low 30s at this time

Said it earlier that's one thing we would need was for temps to get in deep into the 20s as they could. We got that before the thicker cloud coverage rolled in. So we banked our colder temps in. Hopefully  we can manage steady temps or a slow rise of a cpl degrees from til morning. Have the cloud coverage be our friend in the early morning at sunrise until the precip arrives late morning.

27.7/18.1 here and locked in. Clouds rolled in during last hour and bumped up from 27.1/17.7 at that time. We will see what happens in a few hours... I'm expecting a -1/+3 ratio to meet at a wet bulb once precip starts to meet somewhere near 25 or 26. THEN temps should start the climb from the warm nose. 

4 hours ago, IronTy said:

I'm doing a quantum mechanics degree and I'm obsessed with the universe and all the physics involved.  None of that is important other than to say that's an awesome picture and the number of stars visible is exceptional.  Where'd that all come from?  The universe is a mind boggling thing.  Congrats on that awesome pic.  

Check these images out, IronTy! That Webb Telescope is something else!

https://webbtelescope.org/contents/media/images/01GH1WRXQHJM6DJ2BAQDFZVAJ7

• Like 1

Snow chasing at my parents' in the Shenandoah Valley.  KLUA (Luray Caverns) bottomed out at 23 last hour, but is up to 25 now.  Local PWS stations also rising. 

It's over. :axe:

1 minute ago, Chase said:

Snow chasing at my parents' in the Shenandoah Valley.  KLUA (Luray Caverns) bottomed out at 23 last hour, but is up to 25 now.  Local PWS stations also rising. 

It's over. :axe:

c’mon Chase—have faith!

• Like 1

Just now, Chase said:

It's gonna be great! :wub: 

A couple inches will be great to see. Anything else will be icing on the cake or driveway.

we missed the 2022 storm because we were away so i am looking forward to see snow covering the grass.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic