• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring first regional significant winter impact event. Magnitude likely tempered. At this time NE PA/SE NY and SNE primarily. Jan 7/8.

Typhoon Tip

48 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

One thing to keep in mind when using the 10:1 snow maps (which should never be used anyways) is snowfall ratios for the most part are going to be better than 10:1, especially farther inland and especially under the heaviest banding. I would think ratios could be as high as 15:1 to 18:1. 

I love posting snow maps to trigger you. LFG

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Indeed, one of my favorite part about winter storms with great banding is seeing that product :lol: 

I remember when I first posted it back on Eastern and people were saying where the hell did you find that. I also lost my link to the page Bob had where the 850 and other layers had SDs 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I remember when I first posted it back on Eastern and people were saying where the hell did you find that. I also lost my link to the page Bob had where the 850 and other layers had SDs 

I first came across that from you. It's such an amazing product/tool. 

Oh man...I know what you're talking about I think with the SDs. I might have that bookmark actually (though might be on my personal computer). It is possible that is no longer operational as well. If I can find it I'll drop it and see if that's what you're referring too.

Well, of the two models(GFS and CMC),if I had to choose which one showed a monster solution at 48 hrs out, it would be the GFS over the Canadian every time. Certainly doesn’t mean it’s right. But it’s a much better model than the CMC. So there’s that.  

If the former King comes along in a few minutes, and does something similar to the GFS, then we might be heading towards something major.  If there are a ton of new posts when I check back at 1:45, that will be a very good sign. 

Trailing vort noticeably stronger on euro early on lets see if that gives a gfs type solution (just wishcasting here I know)

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Well, of the two models(GFS and CMC),if I had to choose which one showed a monster solution at 48 hrs out, it would be the GFS over the Canadian every time. Certainly doesn’t mean it’s right. But it’s a much better model than the CMC. So there’s that.  

If the former King comes along in a few minutes, and does something similar to the GFS, then we might be heading towards something major.  If there are a ton of new posts when I check back at 1:45, that will be a very good sign. 

I agree, please EURO throw us a bone towards GFS.. 

• Like 2