• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 Banter

George BM

What's nice? Having a weekend hike whatever the weather - didn't look at model runs for 8 hours today. Delightful.

Today's jaunt 11.4 miles - the hikers gathered at the park and ride on 195 in catonsville and entered Patapsco there. MUDDY, WINDY, and some rain before sun took over. The stream crossings were a challenge in two spots but no one in our group of 14 went in thankfully. About 1100 feet of elevation gain. Took about 5 hours - with maybe 30 minutes of breaks for snacks and answering various calls of nature. I am...beat. Genuinely tired. But in a good way. 

• Like 7

Mid Jan 2010 I famously launched an epic meltdown after Boxing Day then 2 more screw jobs and a weeks later the commutergeddon storm hit. 

2018 mid March I went full tilt scorched earth then we got a snowstorm. 

2021 late Jan I won’t berserk on the snow gods and we got a snowstorm Feb 1. 

I’ll keep it contained to the panic room. But this is all I got. If this doesn’t work I’m out of ideas.  

Whoever stole Jo Bu’s rum…we need to find that MFr and make a sacrifice!  

For those interested in trying a site to watch the game tonight and bypass the Peacock-NFL money grab, try this. It works for the Browns-Texans game, and there is a link to the game tonight.

Beware it is spammy with pop-up 'traps', but if you have a knack for navigating though that crap it works. Best you can hope for for free. There is a bit of a delay from the live broadcast but who cares.

https://top.nflstreamlinks.com/sports/american-football/0/nfl

14 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Texans looking sharp Stroud breaking the curse of shitty Ohio St. QBs

If they win and everything goes as planned with the other AFC matchups, Texans would be the Ravens opponent in the divisional round. They played the Texans first game of the season and of Stroud's NFL career and it was ugly for them. Would be completely different this time. That team is on the come and scary. Ravens have zero excuses this time regardless of who they play though. Top seed and one n done again and Harbaugh should be fired.

28 minutes ago, CAPE said:

If they win and everything goes as planned with the other AFC matchups, Texans would be the Ravens opponent in the divisional round. They played the Texans first game of the season and of Stroud's NFL career and it was ugly for them. Would be completely different this time. That team is on the come and scary. Ravens have zero excuses this time regardless of who they play though. Top seed and one n done again and Harbaugh should be fired.

Flacco storybook coming to an end

• Like 1

I made it to Chicago Thursday evening(far western burbs) and it didn’t disappoint. Beautiful heavy snow - all told 12-14. Got up this morning and said F it after reading the forecast. Threw my crap in the truck and drove to Buffalo. Almost didn’t make it - in fact I discovered too late that what I thought was the street coming off the highway wasn’t a street at all. I drove through someone’s front yard. That’s how poor the visibility was. I have a fairly strong appetite for winter adventure but this was a bit much even for me. Made it to the Airbnb SE of downtown near Seneca tho and it’s the most intense snow I’ve ever seen (and I chased the Nov’22 storm here). The band will oscillate but this general area where I am appears to be good for 30+. 

• Like 4

You would think that with how damned HOT last summer was, you would think we'd obtain some mercy with the frackin arctic front! But no! We get smashed from BOTH ends of the year! Double jeopardy! I worked my tail off all damn day long tryin to cover exposed water lines with dirt, insulatin' stuff, setting up heaters for the well house! I am completely worn out! I'M TOO DAMN OLD FOR THIS! I am ALREADY frantically filling up 5 gallon water containers and haulin up by HAND! Already playin this out like a damn Sooner! And the accursed siberian front isnt even here yet. The base state? Here in Texas it is colder. It gets colder every winter, and drier every year!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, katabatic said:

I made it to Chicago Thursday evening(far western burbs) and it didn’t disappoint. Beautiful heavy snow - all told 12-14. Got up this morning and said F it after reading the forecast. Threw my crap in the truck and drove to Buffalo. Almost didn’t make it - in fact I discovered too late that what I thought was the street coming off the highway wasn’t a street at all. I drove through someone’s front yard. That’s how poor the visibility was. I have a fairly strong appetite for winter adventure but this was a bit much even for me. Made it to the Airbnb SE of downtown near Seneca tho and it’s the most intense snow I’ve ever seen (and I chased the Nov’22 storm here). The band will oscillate but this general area where I am appears to be good for 30+. 

CONGRATULATIONS!

Need some help diggin' out?

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Anyone along 83 north of Baltimore and can explain the huge flash of light that I just saw???

My guess a transformer. Had a very brief power outage before 7 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, H2O said:

I will gladly take any snow that falls and enjoy our tundra 

And laugh at the preemptive road treatments

You wouldn't laugh if you lived on a Hill of Doom.

The trash trucks have to get through somehow without taking out front yards.

WAIT-maybe you do have your own Hill of Doom...

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic