• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

13 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Heavy snow but at times it appears to be mixing

Sleet starting to mix back in here now too. We're almost done but we're gonna end up close to 2 inches ... pretty nice. As you said, HRRR did a good job this afternoon showing the snow hanging on longer. It was too warm last night into this morning, but its strength is supposed to be very short range so it did its job. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Sleet starting to mix back in here now too. We're almost done but we're gonna end up close to 2 inches ... pretty nice. As you said, HRRR did a good job this afternoon showing the snow hanging on longer. It was too warm last night into this morning, but its strength is supposed to be very short range so it did its job. 

Yeah beyond 12 hours it's not reliable

Parts of Hunterdon are battling between sleet and snow so perhaps we hold on a bit longer but definitely hear the pinging now

2 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah beyond 12 hours it's not reliable

Parts of Hunterdon are battling between sleet and snow so perhaps we hold on a bit longer but definitely hear the pinging now

I was just outside and some rain is starting to mix in here now. Only a few flakes with sleet and a little rain. Temp up a degree to 34.  Looks as if I'm done with accumulation here.

2 inches here. Glad we got to the high end of my prediction. Beautiful scene out there. A couple inches is a small event obviously, but it's much better than getting nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, winterwx21 said:

I was just outside and some rain is starting to mix in here now. Only a few flakes with sleet and a little rain. Temp up a degree to 34.  Looks as if I'm done with accumulation here.

2 inches here. Glad we got to the high end of my prediction. Beautiful scene out there. A couple inches is a small event obviously, but it's much better than getting nothing. 

Yep I'm thrilled with what we got which is hopefully just an appetizer for things to come

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, sussexcountyobs said:

Steady light to occasionally mod snow. Small flakes, and snow is powdery. Just measured 1.6" 28°

I find it hard to believe we'll exceed 10". my guess is we be satisfied with 5-8" and get out of here. Its least it was slippery for a few hours.  icing overnight then back to another inch or two of snow tomorrow, I hope. 

• Like 1

Just now, Stormlover74 said:

Here are the 7pm snowfall amounts from our Climate sites.

Newark, NJ (EWR)- 0.4

NYC (Central Park) - 0.2

LaGuardia (LGA)- 0.2

John F Kennedy Airport (JFK) - 0.1

Bridgeport, CT (BDR) - T

Islip Airport (ISP) - T

Well done! The record will probably keep on going but at least a little snow fell.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Been snowing moderately for the last hour at 33F and we only got another 1/4", which I think means we had some compaction as the snow is fairly wet, so we're up to 1.75" right now and my 2" prediction looks very doable.  

Nice job with your call. Exactly right for our area. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wdrag said:

Well done! The record will probably keep on going but at least a little snow fell.

Its snowing hard now...I'd say there was probably 0.2, then it melted then there was 0.2 again at 7pm...if the changeover does not get here by 830-9 with these rates an inch probably does happen but not sure they'd take another measurement.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wdrag said:

I find it hard to believe we'll exceed 10". my guess is we be satisfied with 5-8" and get out of here. Its least it was slippery for a few hours.  icing overnight then back to another inch or two of snow tomorrow, I hope. 

Agreed.. Unless these rates pick up in intensity we will struggle to achieve 6"

1.9" in Somerset upon the changeover to rain (which occurred with no sleet or indication on correlation coefficient). Pleasently surprised as was mainly expecting a dusting or maybe a few tenths. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wdrag said:

Yes. I figured we would be in heavy snow right now. But no? Temp is right in the wheelhouse when we get are best snows here, which over 31 years here, seems to be 22-28°. Give or take a degree or 2 either side 

• Like 1

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic