• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

5 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Not many if any models had HPN at 30 degrees, looks good for 4 to 6 inches

That's the even more frustrating part is that temps are even colder than modeled. I'm down to 32 with a rain/snow mix it's bizarre. In any event yes this could be a bit higher than expected for parts of Westchester that are getting snow. 

16 minutes ago, nick5892 said:

I’m in flemington. Flipped to sleet at about 4:30 and now have flipped back to snow as of 6pm. 1.5” OTG 

roughly the same timing here in Lambertville NJ

15 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

I've never seen this happen though. Usually the sound isn't the atlantic especially unless you are like right up against it. Also I'm  closer to the Hudson than the Sound and having precip type issues so I don't know if it's even about the sound or some other weird phenomenom. 

Doesnt help it's so marginal to begin with.

My theory is it sometimes happens but more like the difference between 5 or 6 inches, but with this its a matter of 1" or nothing so it's more obvious. You're right though its usually doesn't extend very far like it would on the Atlantic side.

I'm told there is some light acclumation in parts of the west half of the Bronx.

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic