• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.

wdrag

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yup. Definitely not the best spot but I’ll be happy with 4 plus. Told my wife to find something in the Catskills yesterday and this is what she went with. I should’ve been more involved but I was crazy at work. We may have to take take a jeb drive tomorrow 

You could still see 8-10 there and hopefully you do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, snywx said:

Absolutely.. I think if anything O.C might jack this event.. Paul Goodloe from TWC is in the area lol

The new 12z RGEM is almost identical to the 6z Euro, midlevel mixing issues south of Orange/Passaic, nothing at all along and south of 287: https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?rh=2024010612&fh=45&dpdt=&mc=&r=us_ne&p=snku_acc-imp&m=rdps

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

21 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

The new 12z RGEM is almost identical to the 6z Euro, midlevel mixing issues south of Orange/Passaic, nothing at all along and south of 287: https://www.pivotalweather.com/model.php?rh=2024010612&fh=45&dpdt=&mc=&r=us_ne&p=snku_acc-imp&m=rdps

Enough. No snow south and east of 287. You have been saying it for days.

Tomorrow take your victory lap

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Weenie 1

39 minutes ago, BoulderWX said:

Storm moving in early? I’m heading to the poconos at 1 and looks like they’re already getting some good returns in PA

That would help a bit I think if precip arrived earlier than expected. That’s actually probably the only real hope SE of I287. 

1 minute ago, Tatamy said:

Snow is getting ready to move into the Reading, PA area.  It never ceases to amaze me how fast these WAA snows move in.  I was figuring a 1PM start here in the Lehigh Valley however at this rate I think it will start by noon.

Do we know what is actually hitting the ground vs virga? It still says doing nothing in Philly. 

1 minute ago, Tatamy said:

I am looking at live traffic cameras on the Penndot site.  This is what is actually making it to the ground at the present time.

As per the 5-minute observations, PHL started seeing light snow at 11:11 am. Visibility was 10 miles, so it’s probably flurries.

• wdrag changed the title to Two Mdt to high impact events NYC subforum; wknd Jan 6-7 Incl OBS, and mid week Jan 9-10 (incl OBS). Total water equiv by 00z/11 general 2", possibly 6" includes snow-ice mainly interior. RVR flood potential increases Jan 10 and beyond. Damaging wind.
  • Rjay unpinned this topic