Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

15 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are in a world of hurt . Zr tonight straight thru Friday morning. Good luck and wish we lived there 

27.6F ZR total skating rink out there. Wonder when I'll go about freezing. Do we do it again tomorrow night but in reverse as it gets colder on friday?

• Sad 1

Today was the end of a nice two-week stretch of good snow.

It’s raining now in town and freezing rain on the mountain.  Solid icing profile on the east side mid-slope, with 30F at 3600ft, 27F at 2400ft and 29F at 1500ft.

Snow conditions will lose the fun packed powder surface.

IMG_7835.thumb.jpeg.c22bd4884f484543f56978737982f971.jpeg

It’s raining steadily at 31-34F locally here in the valley… most places around freezing and just above.

The 32.1F rain. Under 1200ft.

IMG_7839.jpeg.fa7b01b240fcb3428ce169763cc2ccc9.jpeg

• Like 2

Definitely top 5 worst drive to or from work. I would drive in February 2013 any day of the week vs this crap.

A couple points the towns just gave up on treatment and the weight of the car was enough to start sliding off to the side of the convex roads.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Gorgeous morning. Thermometer is reading right at 32.0 but I suspect it's a little warmer than that. Still an icy crust on the snow, but less than last night. Conifers have some bend to them, but nothing too extreme. Hopefully tonight doesn't add too much ice (if any). Also seen is the one of the collapsed tents that I have yet to do sh*t about.

Just now, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Gorgeous morning. Thermometer is reading right at 32.0 but I suspect it's a little warmer than that. Still an icy crust on the snow, but less than last night. Conifers have some bend to them, but nothing too extreme. Hopefully tonight doesn't add too much ice (if any). Also seen is the one of the collapsed tents that I have yet to do sh*t about.

Maybe this time the media will attach

20240125_bent_conifers.jpg

20240125_tent_still_down.jpg

• Like 1

Up to 47 here. Might be able to sneak in a warm day today at least in this area though that frontal boundary is lurking not too far north of the pike and it’s going to sink back south at some point. 

36 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It’s been worse, but we saggy

Nice. Hopefully melt it off today. Hrrr and nam are real close to flipping your area over to snow tomorrow. 

Looks pretty crappy right into sat. Could even see some fzdz down here and into the orh hills sat am.