Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The latest collective optimism from reading a few subforms is that Feb 10 on will rock (maybe hopefully probably ) 

I do not think anyone has a clue that correlates to good predictability going out to mid February relating to sensible weather (because it’s insanely complex)

I see reason for some optimism but that is all I would say at this point , bc you can usually find that in most patterns and not that many end up producing well for SE SNE , higher probability more for general SNE (especially if active ) and especially CNE , I think most tend to produce pack for elevated NNE as long as they are active (regarding feb 10 to march 10 period )and that is just the Climo 

Feb 12th 2024... Shea's bday.

6 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

Interesting. My area seems a low, but I can imagine that is a difficult map to make this year. I'm at 21.25 in Westfield, and I know North Granby has had a few more inches than us, and had an official 17 inches from just that one large storm.  Less in Simsbury, but I don't have any decent measurements here

Thanks! I can add that for sure, i got that 16.8" from cocorahs thats actually a westfield station. Looks like they are low for the 16-17 and the Nov 1-2" they got is missing as well. I'll use yours instead and redraw that, based on the nohrsc it looks like that 2' line is pretty close to westfield. As far as the North Granby report, i left out any outliers that were extremely high or low based on surrounding reports. That report is also a little sus to me anyway. 

@UnitedWx i just added your report and updated the contours on the 20" line if you want to go back and take a look at it.

4 hours ago, Cold Miser said:

Don't forget my area with the 6.25" so far.  I am on par to hopefully not beat last year's winter of 11".  Fingers crossed for torches and rain all the way through March.

I saw it, thanks man. i left it out due it the surrounding areas all being in the double digits. It would be hard to draw that in and incorporate it, i would have to put like a 1 pixel dot of the 5-10" color of your house lol. I don't doubt your report at all though, you just seem to be in a really shitty area. 

5 hours ago, EastonSN+ said:

Thanks for all that you do/have done!

What is insane is once again BDR is beating me for snowfall again. Only at 4.5 in Easton CT.

That's insane, when BDRs beating you know you done f'd up. LOL

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thanks! I can add that for sure, i got that 16.8" from cocorahs thats actually a westfield station. Looks like they are low for the 16-17 and the Nov 1-2" they got is missing as well. I'll use yours instead and redraw that, based on the nohrsc it looks like that 2' line is pretty close to westfield. As far as the North Granby report, i left out any outliers that were extremely high or low based on surrounding reports. That report is also a little sus to me anyway. 

@UnitedWx i just added your report and updated the contours on the 20" line if you want to go back and take a look at it.

I saw it, thanks man. i left it out due it the surrounding areas all being in the double digits. It would be hard to draw that in and incorporate it, i would have to put like a 1 pixel dot of the 5-10" color of your house lol. I don't doubt your report at all though, you just seem to be in a really shitty area. 

That's insane, when BDRs beating you know you done f'd up. LOL

The shittiest.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Layman said:

Alternatively, one may enjoy witnessing the emotional carnage on a routine basis, regardless of what the weather may bring.

image.png.2fc6eb513690652aec38446ec9ebfe60.png

I find it amusing (and weird) some folks are so wrapped up in something 100% out.of their control that it actually enrages them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's been slightly above freezing for the past two days here but cloud cover has really prevented much in the way of snow melt. Went around poking the yard stick into the ground and averaged about 10.5" of depth. Please see pic for proof. This was one of the higher measurements, but as you can see, there might have been a bit of a "skew" to the measurement device. A scientific analysis using MS Paint seems to have proved as much. I am nothing but honest. 

20240123_Snow_Depth.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

32 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I find it amusing (and weird) some folks are so wrapped up in something 100% out.of their control that it actually enrages them.

I don't always agree with you or your delivery, but I 100% agree with you here! Some of it's venting and some of its comic relief.. but a lot more weenie has been mixed into the recipe the last couple years. I guess just like everywhere else it's the 2020s now. Some flurries starting in Westfield the past half hour

3 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

It's been slightly above freezing for the past two days here but cloud cover has really prevented much in the way of snow melt. Went around poking the yard stick into the ground and averaged about 10.5" of depth. Please see pic for proof. This was one of the higher measurements, but as you can see, there might have been a bit of a "skew" to the measurement device. A scientific analysis using MS Paint seems to have proved as much. I am nothing but honest. 

20240123_Snow_Depth.jpg

Slant sticker

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

I don't always agree with you or your delivery, but I 100% agree with you here! Some of it's venting and some of its comic relief.. but a lot more weenie has been mixed into the recipe the last couple years. I guess just like everywhere else it's the 2020s now. Some flurries starting in Westfield the past half hour

though the science aspect and keeping it "on-topic" is important, the overall health of the forum is much better when it's light and fun, even if a bit troll-ey or ball-busting. lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1