Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2024 -- Discussion

moneypitmike

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There won’t be much CAD in SNE if models are right. Tremendous potential with this one it seems 

I hope so, but not buying into anything too wild yet. Obviously Nantucket or far far SE areas have a much better chance at wild damage since they will be close to sectoring

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Torch Tiger said:

I hope so, but not buying into anything too wild yet. Obviously Nantucket or far far SE areas have a much better chance at wild damage since they will be close to sectoring

DIT will find some Twitter Mets to confirm the damage potential that is coming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

There;s still a very real chance that 1/10 ends up a good front ender for many....whether that's only reserved for CNE/NNE or also SNE still remains to be seen. Euro being stubborn isn't a good sign for the colder solution right now so I'd favor mostly rain for SNE, but maybe it capitulates in these next few cycles. The reason is that the biggest uncertainty seems to be what is going on up north in Quebec east of James Bay with the height field Around D4.5-D5...and that's where model error tends to be larger vs down in the lower latitudes.

we keep hope alive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Layman said:

Are there specific characteristics associated with a cutter that allows it to be sniffed out and held onto so far in advance? 

Not really.  Those on the NW cold side of the cutter on the 10th are fretting and overanalyzing every run of every model, just like this subforum is for this weekend's storm.  There's just a whole lot less of them because it's the midwest.  

2 minutes ago, das said:

At least it’s on the right side of the globe this time. 

It was easier to handle when the whole country was warm.  Now we bask while the west has historic cold and snow as the SE ridge and NAO connect, 2024 meet 2023.  

image.thumb.png.bad29d447e4ff66253c6aa8f5094cb1e.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 3

16 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

It was easier to handle when the whole country was warm.  Now we bask while the west has historic cold and snow as the SE ridge and NAO connect, 2024 meet 2023.  

image.thumb.png.bad29d447e4ff66253c6aa8f5094cb1e.png

Okay, maybe for the short term, but that cold has to go somewhere. It will be heading east. Then again, I know who I'm talking to.... 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Deeper the cut…deeper the wedge. d10 and it’s already wedged up to H85 here until fropa.

Oh yeah I wasn't talk about warmth, just that's a terrible storm track.  I'm sure there were a few dog 1980's winters that looked like what the gfs is crapping out in the LR