Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday, December 17 - Monday, December 18, 2023 Storm

weatherwiz

5 minutes ago, SnowlieSnowstormson said:

image.png.b749b707e2a670d9160becf059cd8312.pngI just checked out the 20z HRRR and saw some eye popping shadings on there for CT… any Mets concerned or are these #s likely inflated?

Just a note since I am already dealing with this issue... If HWW continues for parts of eastern CT, superintendents are going to pull the plug... Especially in heavily wooded towns...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SnowlieSnowstormson said:

image.png.b749b707e2a670d9160becf059cd8312.pngI just checked out the 20z HRRR and saw some eye popping shadings on there for CT… any Mets concerned or are these #s likely inflated?

More often than not, the raw gust output runs hot. Despite the scale being in knots, you're probably better off considering that to be mph, which is a 15% reduction.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Just a note since I am already dealing with this issue... If HWW continues for parts of eastern CT, superintendents are going to pull the plug... Especially in heavily wooded towns...

When I was a Director of Administrative Services for an area school department, winds were a big issue when you had kids waiting at bus stops and a good possibility a school would lose power during the day.  You'd rather cancel up front than have an early dismissal, especially with elementary school kids.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shaun Curry said:

When I was a Director of Administrative Services for an area school department, winds were a big issue when you had kids waiting at bus stops and a good possibility a school would lose power during the day.  You'd rather cancel up front than have an early dismissal, especially with elementary school kids.

Yep

It all depends on the lapse rates.

- the wind field off the deck is reasonably confident. The ability to mix down? That is rarely so in our climatology for a myriad of limitations.

So you kind have to begin there and start adding offsets as they are implicated by modeling.  Knee jerk shrugging it’s not happening in eye rolling doubt is not one of those offsets.

• Like 1