Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Panic Room - Winter 23/24 Edition

mappy

51 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I would think you would do ok on the 3rd if that setup as shown on the 12z is close to true.  it does suck to chase coatings repeatedly.  but its not like anyone else is killing it either.  the grass is still green at my moms house in Rochester, MI

Yea that’s nuts to hear.. I would go up to the Bills games a lot when I still lived in CT and I know lake effect hasn’t really done much this year. Pretty depressing if you like snow. 

33 minutes ago, SomeguyfromTakomaPark said:

The reaper needs to visit soon 

Well, @WxWatcher007 is officially retired so he won't be visiting anytime soon for the purpose of taking any souls that are crying out!  Now, the Panic Room is BYOT...bring your own tombstone, and carve it yourself!  I guess it keeps the overhead costs down. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Its a shit the blinds start to the mid atlantic ski season. I love snow and I love skiing. Even when we don't get real snow, I can get my fix on the slopes. So far this season, you need to go above 4000ft to ski anything decent. Hopefully we can clean off the blinds later in the season, but the resorts have already missed out on the first two major holiday weekends. 

• Weenie 1

11 hours ago, mdhokie said:

Its a shit the blinds start to the mid atlantic ski season. I love snow and I love skiing. Even when we don't get real snow, I can get my fix on the slopes. So far this season, you need to go above 4000ft to ski anything decent. Hopefully we can clean off the blinds later in the season, but the resorts have already missed out on the first two major holiday weekends. 

What happened to Sunday River up northeast was just horrific. Not just destruction of the snowpack but damage to the grounds, outright destruction of some ski trails. They had to get heavy construction equipment up in there to clean things up. Standing water, deep mud, rocks all over the damn place. What they got up there, was just GRINCHED, grinched to death. It made me cry. I love snow and worship ski resorts with all my heart, with absolutely nothing left for g-d. When I worship, I WORSHIP. Its just terrible. The base state is hellish. Even up there in the northeastern ski resorts. It's going to take them so long to fix then try to make snow and build it up. I wish we were heading for a snowball earth but instead we are heading for runaway warming. Its hotter every year, year after year after year. It is destroying ME. Everything I ever cared about is being destroyed by global warming and the base state will never be the same ever again probably not for thousands of years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Well, @WxWatcher007 is officially retired so he won't be visiting anytime soon for the purpose of taking any souls that are crying out!  Now, the Panic Room is BYOT...bring your own tombstone, and carve it yourself!  I guess it keeps the overhead costs down. :lol:

I have to carve my own tombstone? Especially when I am thinking about Jumping because winter has been cancelled and the base state is like the Mount St Helens in 1980? Reaper is irresponsible. If I Jump I want a proper Reaping, and only The Reaper can do it right.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I still believe in a boom/bust future - but we've been waiting a long time for the "boom." Where is my 40" climate supercharged storm

I actually miss the hand wringing of watching the rain/snow line dance nearby. we are not even close to that right now.  but we arent the only ones so misery is loving the company.  I do think we will get a period of winter but I am betting it will take a lot longer than people want it to.  Just to scour out the warm to our north..start laying down snowcover...arrange the players on the field...get a shortwave to come up and actually be in the right spot with a cold high to the north..a 50/50 in place...cold throught the column....jesus that could take couple to three weeks.  The easy pickings days of just "lucking" into a snow event seem impossible now...nearly all has to be right for us to even be in the game outside the mountains.  

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I still believe in a boom/bust future - but we've been waiting a long time for the "boom." Where is my 40" climate supercharged storm

I'm going to start leaving my truck running all night. Anything I can do to get my freak blizzard followed by 80 degrees the next day. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, dailylurker said:

I'm going to start leaving my truck running all night. Anything I can do to get my freak blizzard followed by 80 degrees the next day. 

wouldn't that be something - we've prevented enough warming to dodge freaky climate future where it's 0-100 with snow, but things have warmed just enough to leave us in a dead zone. 

6 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Whitetail looks the same too … not a great time for the ski resorts 

probably isn't that much better way north either.  I looked at Hunter mountain up in NY...45 rain...spring conditions...waiting for cold the report said..no snowmaking.  16 inch wet granular base...thats rough for sure if you planned your week to ski

• Sad 1

This is the very WORST winter ever, even way up north. The Nino is so fooked up and the base state is full of shyte. It is a total nightmare this so-called season, especially for ski resort  operations. They are losing money and sleep, probably for months. Some will close down forever! It's worse than the Great Depression in the fookin 1930s!

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic