Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, tamarack said:

Measured 4.5" from 0.46" LE at 12:45, though I didn't clear the whole board due to wanting a full-storm measurement.  Steady SN continues, and echoes upstream suggest continuation beyond sunset.  Now <2" from Dec average, thanks to bookend storms.  From 12/6 thru yesterday only 0.1" fell.

The spot cleared for the above measurement had 0.9" when I took a core on the undisturbed part of the board about 3:30, but that area topped out at 4.8" due to settling, with 0.59" LE.  Had very light stuff, mostly frozen, after that.
When the SNJ part of the family was getting unstuck in Jay, they were advised to not take Rt 133 but go a slightly longer way Rt 2 to Rt 4.  Good thing, as 133 had several accidents, from tractor-trailers in the ditch to car rollovers.  Last we heard, 2 hours ago, they were in CT so well into NJ by now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alex said:

The roads here are a disaster. Light snow mixed with freezing drizzle, you could ice skate on 302

My car was completely coated in ice this evening leaving the mountain.  Like enough that you aren’t scraping it… legit freezing rain and pixie dust.  Half inch of snow and then ice.  Exactly what the mountain needed, an evening of sheet drizzle at 26F.

• Like 1