Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well everyone knew the second he came out with his big cold and snowy pattern for the East coast for all of January we knew it was likely over . Everything he forecasts turns to toilet paper 

TP season is near. I’ll start rooting for a rat within the next few weeks if we’re still sitting with little. 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well everyone knew the second he came out with his big cold and snowy pattern for the East coast for all of January we knew it was likely over . Everything he forecasts turns to toilet paper 

Yeah... Mr. Weenie Intoleris forecasts leave something to be desired... like every other social media forecaster. 

36 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I didn't agree with him siding with the EPS COD idea for the MJO, as opposed to the GEFS Mairime phases...is that what he gave up on?

2 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Brett, nobody is f’n deluded. If anything, you may be deluded. Once in a lifetime season not withstanding, the point is many seasons start late (especially in ninos).  December 26th, and we’re running out of time is downright comical. 

2002-2003 was excellent, January of ‘11 was fabulous. Feb abs March of 2013, 14-15 the last few days of Jan and February rocked(again especially for you), March of 18 especially out east where you live was too..what are those? Are those once in a lifetime too?  C’mon bro, it’s always the same tune from you. We’ve tried to explain you’ve been spoiled since you were eating your own boogers, wise up for god sakes. 

Not great examples.  2002 had decent snow in November and December.  2010 had a good to great December depending on location.  I get the point though-we’ve seen bog turnarounds.  2006-07 is an example where cherry blossoms were blooming in January before freezing in February.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Not great examples.  2002 had decent snow in November and December.  2010 had a good to great December depending on location.  I get the point though-we’ve seen bog turnarounds.  2006-07 is an example where cherry blossoms were blooming in January before freezing in February.

Plenty good imo Jerry…the point was made.  

2010 had Boxing Day…other than that it sucked(and that buried NYC and NJ). Then it all melted a few days later with a warm and wet bare ground on NYE in ‘10. 

His ideas are piss poor at best.  He’s lost and downtrodden. 

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

2010 had Boxing Day…other than that it sucked(and that buried NYC and NJ). Then it all melted a few days later with a warm and wet bare ground on NYE in ‘10. 

Are you aware that Boxing Day gave BOS 18+?  The melt was about 3 days later followed by a quick reload.  We also had a white Christmas that year and overall a much better December.

Also, Will’s Nino years turnaround are much better examples.  2002 had snow in every winter month and even plowable in November.  

Brett whines a lot but that’s his strategy to get snow.

• Haha 2

But Jerry there was no white Xmas here in 2010, maybe where you are.

And yes, I’m very much aware of the turn around in Jan 11, that’s why I used that example, because it wasn’t a good December here(maybe it was where he is)?, but my point was January went crazy.  And I used 2002-03 because it wasn’t historic, but it was a great year.  And Will included 02-03 too if you go back and read his post. Because he was whining about folks just using historic years. so I pointed out years that were great for him/most of us.

The whole point is…he’s been spoiled over a two decade span, and doesn’t understand his climo.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

But Jerry there was no white Xmas here in 2010, maybe where you are.

And yes, I’m very much aware of the turn around in Jan 11, that’s why I used that example, because it wasn’t a good December here(maybe it was where he is)?, but my point was January went crazy.  And I used 2002-03 because it wasn’t historic, but it was a great year.  And Will included 02-03 too if you go back and read his post. Because he was whining about folks just using historic years. so I pointed out years that were great for him/most of us.

The whole point is…he’s been spoiled over a two decade span, and doesn’t understand his climo.  

I think he understands and it's all an act.  Either that or he'll be sorely disappointed in the coming decades.

I used to be infuriated at this weather around the holidays.  This year I'm enjoying it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

I think he understands and it's all an act.  Either that or he'll be sorely disappointed in the coming decades.

I used to be infuriated at this weather around the holidays.  This year I'm enjoying it.

Any idea what the worst back-to-back winters were? Got to figure a pretty close now.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Regardless of whether the season turns around, I'd much rather have an early loaded season than a later one.  

Higher sun angles and lengthening days get me thinking of fishing rather than snowpack.

I kind of like it the other way. Big March storm you get tired of shoveling you can say eff it...it'll melt

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

hmETeFs.png

I always thought of Boxing Day as a NYC/NJ event but looking at the snow map it really looked like a great NE storm as well. From this forum I always got the impression it wasn’t fondly remembered in NE. 

With that said, it definitely had a “temperamental distribution” of snow and there were some screw job areas, so I totally get if you were in one, ain’t looking back too fondly on it. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Not even great snow making temperatures until the weekend.  Disaster ski vacation week.  

Then again, people should know better by now, not to book a Christmas week ski vacation in New England.  

Today was like spring skiing.  Soft snow, bumps forming, some sun.  Could be worse but definitely not mid-winter.  If there’s a week with bad ski weather, it’s Xmas week every year.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Any idea what the worst back-to-back winters were? Got to figure a pretty close now.

1979-80 to 1980-81 were the worst back to back winters on record for BOS in terms of snowfall….34.8” total combined for the two. In order to beat that, they’d need 22.3” or less this winter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Volcanic Winter said:

hmETeFs.png

I always thought of Boxing Day as a NYC/NJ event but looking at the snow map it really looked like a great NE storm as well. From this forum I always got the impression it wasn’t fondly remembered in NE. 

With that said, it definitely had a “temperamental distribution” of snow and there were some screw job areas, so I totally get if you were in one, ain’t looking back too fondly on it. 

Yes, about 8-10” of arctic sand here…was a very big disappointment here.  Especially since a blizzard warning was issued here, with forecast of at least double the amount we actually got.   Off to the SW got buried-NJ and NYC.   

And it also was coming off the huge disappointment year of 09-10 where the mid Atlantic got absolutely obliterated, and SNE got completely skunked…so we started off with the same general idea on that first significant system…so it was spooky, and a lot of folks were like WTF…here we go again.    But then Jan ‘11 came a calling. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Yes, about 8-10” of arctic sand here…was a very big disappointment here.  Especially since a blizzard warning was issued here, with forecast of at least double the amount we actually got.   Off to the SW got buried-NJ and NYC.   

And it also was coming off the huge disappointment year of 09-10 where the mid Atlantic got absolutely obliterated, and SNE got completely skunked…so we started off with the same general idea on that first significant system…so it was spooky, and a lot of folks were like WTF…here we go again.    But then Jan ‘11 came a calling. 

JD, 2009-10 was disappointing but didn’t your location get it good on 12/19/09?  Totals for the the year here were about 20% below normal but NYC south especially BWI/DC got buried.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

1979-80 to 1980-81 were the worst back to back winters on record for BOS in terms of snowfall….34.8” total combined for the two. In order to beat that, they’d need 22.3” or less this winter. 

I asked Ray if 79-80 showed up as an analog in his outlook. It was known as the a winter without snow up here. I seem to remember the first decent storm coming in February up here.