Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

I sold my sleds trailer and camp 2 yrs ago. Best decision I made in a long time. 

I would probably think differently if i had a long travel to get to decent riding but that's me, Its not the case though, I'm usually not that far away to travel to snow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey if you go above normal again…what’s the gripe?  I’ll sign for that in a heartbeat.  

From my perspective, none. Last year was the best skiing we’ve had locally since 18-19. The local snomo clubs on the other hand struggled with warm ground and water bars all season despite the AN snowfall. They could really use some help after the last few seasons, my area is about as far south as you can be with a snowmobiling economy that people still depend on for their livelihoods. For their sake I hope we get some cold 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Remember when November felt different to some posters because it had some chilly mornings and was BN? 

To be totally honest Kev, that was me, and I’m still not worried at all.  Normal/average snow for us is a very good chance imo. Decembers usually suck in strong Ninos, so this is not a surprise.  Things will change around. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

From my perspective, none. Last year was the best skiing we’ve had locally since 18-19. The local snomo clubs on the other hand struggled with warm ground and water bars all season despite the AN snowfall. They could really use some help after the last few seasons, my area is about as far south as you can be with a snowmobiling economy that people still depend on for their livelihoods. For their sake I hope we get some cold 

Yes sir, I so hope for their sake too. But I travel a good distance for the great conditions, and have been for almost 35 years, so personally I am not worried in the least for where I ride.  But I agree with you wholeheartedly on your local clubs. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

I have to drive at least 4 hrs.  

Where was camp? Yeah, I may make that trek a time or two, When i was younger, NBD, But as i am older i only have to travel 1-1.5 hrs for good snow and now go during the week with less people out on the trails and fresh tracks with free stay where i ride.

• Like 2

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I still think it will be different...its just sucks not to catch an early season break.

I’ve always said in wx.. almost always when things get delayed they tend to not happen or not happen the way thought. Not always of course.. but the vast majority of times. Still holding a bit of hope , but those hopes are starting to fade .Especially with some of these long range Mets pulling the plug 

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve always said in wx.. almost always when things get delayed they tend to not happen or not happen the way thought. Not always of course.. but the vast majority of times. Still holding a bit of hope , but those hopes are starting to fade .Especially with some of these long range Mets pulling the plug 

I don't think anything had been delayed...at least AFAIC...it just sucks to not catch a break with an even early January.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Stop reading these Twitter idiots…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Where was camp? Yeah, I may make that trek a time or two, When i was younger, NBD, But as i am older i only have to travel 1-1.5 hrs for good snow and now go during the week with less people out on the trails and fresh tracks with free stay where i ride.

I live 45 mins north of NYC. 4 yrs ago,  I used to have a camp in Old Forge, but it got crowded and dangerous, so I moved to Perkinsille, VT.  Figured I could or trailer or ride  from there.  No snow and my son’s schedule limiting everything, we bailed after 1 season.  I’ve had sleds for 20 yrs, not including when I was a kid.  I am not missing it at all.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Did Dick Toleris pull back from his big winter call that fast?

15 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would give it until about Jan 20....if nothing is imminent at that point, then maybe time to panic. 

I said if we are snowless on 1/15 and long range sucks, we punt. By then we’ll have an idea of Feb so I think it’s reasonable. I do think we’ll start to have some chances first week of January. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would give it until about Jan 20....if nothing is imminent at that point, then maybe time to panic. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I said if we are snowless on 1/15 and long range sucks, we punt. By then we’ll have an idea of Feb so I think it’s reasonable. I do think we’ll start to have some chances first week of January. 

This 100%. Zero concern for now. Call me mid-January. 

• Like 2