Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2023

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

still mainly rain for 85% of the posters here.   Lack of cold air remains an issue for the foreseeable future.

I don't think next week storm was supposed to be on the wintry side per se. Maybe at the end of it. But I think there's another system at the end of the week next week into the weekend that maybe more of a wintry scenario. I think from that point around the new year on is when we should see the changes happening. I myself am perfectly fine with keeping things on the calmer side for the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day holiday. I have to travel to my sisters with my family. It's a big deal for our family and for a lot of friends that go to her house Christmas Eve.

I'm still optimistic for some winter to hit our region after the new year. Not really too concerned either way

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I don't think next week storm was supposed to be on the wintry side per se. Maybe at the end of it. But I think there's another system at the end of the week next week into the weekend that maybe more of a wintry scenario. I think from that point around the new year on is when we should see the changes happening. I myself am perfectly fine with keeping things on the calmer side for the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day holiday. I have to travel to my sisters with my family. It's a big deal for our family and for a lot of friends that go to her house Christmas Eve.

I'm still optimistic for some winter to hit our region after the new year. Not really too concerned either way

Agree on the travel thing-looks tranquil for many which is a help-I'm flying to FL 12/26 so don't need any hassles there

1 hour ago, forkyfork said:

i hope the ski industry collapses

52 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

it's better for your mental health to accept what's happening to the climate than hoping for the near impossible 

Imagine what the Venusian ski industry was like before the collapse.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/12/venus-was-like-earth-until-climate-change-uninhabitable/ 

image.thumb.png.81ddecaa54d1d0a45a4aca1021561f9c.png

• Haha 4

On 12/17/2023 at 6:08 PM, brooklynwx99 said:

anecdotal. every single meteorology class in the country that teaches medium and long range forecasting stresses the importance of ensembles

if you're arguing that OP runs are more skillful than ensembles at range, every meteorologist here would disagree. it's just wrong

Can you post the good ensembles?  OP remains extremely consistent 

image.png.7a3094a1ef26d2b358c52ce64ca8ac52.png

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1