Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean it's BN Wed night through Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And I could care less the euro at day 9 shows a low over SE MA.

Whatever fits his agenda…And it’s Crystal clear it’s an agenda.  

Guess he’s a big Euro guy…the model has blown 10 men the last year or two, but he swears by it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Guess he’s a big Euro guy…the model has blown 10 men the last year or two, but he swears by it.  

He gets a kick out of it because he still gets a rise out of people. Must have a pretty lonely life to have to get a rise out of people. It's kind of funny now when I see him posting. Just laughable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Unfortunately every November some posters (not all) fall into what I call the Hallmark card and/or movie syndrome.  Where it snows before and during every holiday period.  Endless scenes of folks trekking through snow or skating on ice covered ponds. While I would love to see it on a regular basis, that's not the history / climatology of SNE winters.  The rare one comes along a couple of times in a life time, but the operative word is rare.  So when we latch onto a 6 to 10 day operational GFS or Euro with little or no ensemble support, we can dream, but many more times than not it's ain't happening.  Don't get me wrong, I have lived through a handful of special Thanksgivings and Xmas weather periods and loved them.  But I usually have to pop on a Hallmark movie to see holiday snows!!!  Fingers crossed that the run up to Christmas this year is a special one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Unfortunately every November some posters (not all) fall into what I call the Hallmark card and/or movie syndrome.  Where it snows before and during every holiday period.  Endless scenes of folks trekking through snow or skating on ice covered ponds. While I would love to see it on a regular basis, that's not the history / climatology of SNE winters.  The rare one comes along a couple of times in a life time, but the operative word is rare.  So when we latch onto a 6 to 10 day operational GFS or Euro with little or no ensemble support, we can dream, but many more times than not it's ain't happening.  Don't get me wrong, I have lived through a handful of special Thanksgivings and Xmas weather periods and loved them.  But I usually have to pop on a Hallmark movie to see holiday snows!!!  Fingers crossed that the run up to Christmas this year is a special one.

John, Couldn’t agree more with everything you said.

Personally, I just like seeing the colder temps around like they have been of late at this time of the year. 

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

John, Couldn’t agree more with everything you said.

Personally, I just like seeing the colder temps around like they have been of late at this time of the year. 

Agree... While we aren't staring down the barrel of T-Day blizzard, I am ok with the general pattern trends overall.  I do think they pay dividends down the road.  I love it cold on T-Day... No fun cutting down our trees in a T-shirt... Would love to get cold enough to get some skating in with the grandkids during Xmas week.  Usually hard to do, but not impossible... 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Agree... While we aren't staring down the barrel of T-Day blizzard, I am ok with the general pattern trends overall.  I do think they pay dividends down the road.  I love it cold on T-Day... No fun cutting down our trees in a T-shirt... Would love to get cold enough to get some skating in with the grandkids during Xmas week.  Usually hard to do, but not impossible... 

Late November is tough sledding usually…even in our cold patterns. I was posting the other day to OceanStateWx and Scooter about how our Novembers typically are kind of tough because it’s a bit compressed when we have cold patterns and SWFE that early on will favor NNE. So we need to thread the needle in SNE. 

I wouldn’t rule out a little appetizer though the week after Tday. There’s a lot of cold around…just need to time a shortwave right. 

Hopefully the modeled December warmup is only like 10 days and we can grab some chances toward the holidays. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Where was that article? That sounds awfully analogous to the famous “UK snow is a thing of the past” article back in 2009 and then they got crushed that same winter with anomalous cold/snow. 

I wonder if the authors of the article are aware that snowfall has drastically increased in Massachusetts over the last half century?  

I'm the one who started it - haha.   Last night I reposted a text a Met buddy sent along to me... I captioned it, 'this outta get the feathers in the coup' ...  In referenced some climate study/Biden administration - not sure what the connection there really is ... but, it was just for a lighthearted troll thing

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Late November is tough sledding usually…even in our cold patterns. I was posting the other day to OceanStateWx and Scooter about how our Novembers typically are kind of tough because it’s a bit compressed when we have cold patterns and SWFE that early on will favor NNE. So we need to thread the needle in SNE. 

I wouldn’t rule out a little appetizer though the week after Tday. There’s a lot of cold around…just need to time a shortwave right. 

Hopefully the modeled December warmup is only like 10 days and we can grab some chances toward the holidays. 

Agree with the need to watch period after T-day... Cold is solid in that period... See if we can time some sort of disturbance in that slot.  Then I do think it will like a lot of recent Decembers... Waiting for some sort of flip as we head into or through Xmas holiday period?  Unfortunately in the last few years the wait has been tedious.  Speaking of Hallmark cards this was the scene out my dining room window early last December...

Screenshot_20231112-183234~2.png

• Like 4