Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I saw that stupid article...media is nauseating.

Where was that article? That sounds awfully analogous to the famous “UK snow is a thing of the past” article back in 2009 and then they got crushed that same winter with anomalous cold/snow. 

I wonder if the authors of the article are aware that snowfall has drastically increased in Massachusetts over the last half century?  

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Where was that article? That sounds awfully analogous to the famous “UK snow is a thing of the past” article back in 2009 and then they got crushed that same winter with anomalous cold/snow. 

I wonder if the authors of the article are aware that snowfall has drastically increased in Massachusetts over the last half century?  

It was something on Facebook from Masslive speculating that maybe CC had reached a tipping point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

You’re warmer than here yesterday and today. 61 here currently…very nice out though.  Although milky skies, it’d be even nicer if it was full clear sun. 

Same here ( well..we are only about 5 or so miles from each other I think ). Off today running errands. Not minding the weather at all! Did leaves earlier before the winds cranked up. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't let this flat scenario emerging out of the 12z runs completely sway you.  There's still a telecon signal in place during the week next week that supports more amplitude. It is/was always about what form that takes - taking NO form wasn't really part of it.

This looks like an 'over-compensating' adjustment by the GFS.  Possibly some critical data is not being assimilated properly or ended up missing to some degree - this kind of abrupt continuity is okay but it is going farther than the numerical derivatives ( teleconnectors) suggest it should.

That said, perhaps the latter wholesale changes too - if so... that's a different scenario.

• Like 2

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

I wouldn't let this flat scenario emerging out of the 12z runs completely sway you.  There's still a telecon signal in place during the week next week that supports more amplitude.

This looks like an 'over-compensating' adjustment by the GFS.  Possibly some critical data is not being assimilated properly or ended up missing to some degree - this kind of abrupt continuity is okay but it is going farther than the numerical derivatives ( teleconnectors) suggest it should.

That said, perhaps the latter wholesale changes too - if so... that's a different scenario.

In the end it just means rain. Whether it's a 60F rain or 38F rain.