Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Yesvember or November?

Go Kart Mozart

56 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah there’s been an upslope signal bouncing around out there day 5-8 off and on recently.  GFS likes it.

Pavers aren’t on yet but probably go on the 17th if the place opens. In a world run by lawyers, god forbid someone slips and falls somewhere they are visiting almost solely for the winter weather. Gotta love the irony. 

You have skiers at a ski resort skiing on snow and worried about falling on a snowy walk?.............:huh:

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You have skiers at a ski resort skiing on snow and worried about falling on a snowy walk?.............:huh:

We could be hucking cliffs and steep trees and ice waterfalls all day but never declare victory until after we navigate the stairs to the lodge and the trek across the parking lot.  

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Ha, personal injury lawyers salivating at slip and falls.  No one is worried about it until they do it.

I won’t lie, I haven’t hurt myself skiing 100+ days a year except back when I was 10 years old… I hit a tree and broke my wrist… but I have dislocated my knee walking around Stowe in ski boots and slipping.

A surprising amount of injuries come from having thousands of people walking around on snow/ice every day. That’s the irony of it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

We could be hucking cliffs and steep trees and ice waterfalls all day but never declare victory until after we navigate the stairs to the lodge and the trek across the parking lot.  

Until you’ve walked down a set of steep stairs in ski boots, it’s hard to know lol.  Like all the memes that say the most dangerous thing you did at a ski resort was walk downstairs to the basement bathrooms in a base lodge :lol:.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Until you’ve walked down a set of steep stairs in ski boots, it’s hard to know lol.  Like all the memes that say the most dangerous thing you did at a ski resort was walk downstairs to the bathrooms in a base lodge :lol:.

A few puffs on the chair or a couple hits of the flask might be contributing factors to not walking in skiboots on the stairs.............:lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A few puffs on the chair or a couple hits of the flask might be contributing factors to not walking in skiboots on the stairs.............:lol:

Miss all the trees at high speed powder explosions in the woods, then get crutches from slipping and falling under the truck while loading the skis.  Sounds like a day of skiing.

Anyway, nice to see a WAA up.  Think we see 1” then IP/ZR and drizzle in PM.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, powderfreak said:

Miss all the trees at high speed powder explosions in the woods, then get crutches from slipping and falling under the truck while loading the skis.  Sounds like a day of skiing.

Yup, I'm sure most accidents are in the parking lot when the guard is let down.

53 minutes ago, dryslot said:

last winter I tripped UP the stairs heading to the bar for apres ski. new boots and tired legs were primary contributing factors 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Until you’ve walked down a set of steep stairs in ski boots, it’s hard to know lol.  Like all the memes that say the most dangerous thing you did at a ski resort was walk downstairs to the basement bathrooms in a base lodge :lol:.

The best are the ones who walk down stairs backwards in boots lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zeppy said:

2hr delay for school tomorrow...is it just me or does that seem ridiculous? New superintendent being overly cautious perhaps.

Chance of the first icy morning commute in some areas probably driving the decision.  Many districts use a NWS Advisory statement in effect at the bus time during the morning commuting period as a reason to run with a delay, especially early in the season.  Also, the decision is often a collaborative call with local DPW.

• Like 1

One of my fellow Development Review Board members has a vineyard and winery. He has left quite a few grapes on the vine to make ice wine. The temp needs to get down to 17° when the grapes are harvested in order to officially be classified as ice wine. I’m not sure when we are getting that low. Maybe Sunday night?