Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October Discobs 2023

George BM

6 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Was today anniversary of DC area stations earliest snowfall measurements? 

I believe that's right -- October 10, 1979.  I was in middle school in Calvert County and everyone was stunned seeing 2-3" of snow on the ground and still-green trees.  Can't believe it's been 44 years!

1 hour ago, BlizzardNole said:

I believe that's right -- October 10, 1979.  I was in middle school in Calvert County and everyone was stunned seeing 2-3" of snow on the ground and still-green trees.  Can't believe it's been 44 years!

It was.. Even in Richmond Virginia it snowed some on October 10, 1979. I remember because it was on my brother's birthday. Crazy! 

lol if this were winter, the 18z NAM would cause people to jump off a cliff. First, the primary low jumps too north so most of the warm air advection precip misses north into PA. Then the coast gets going but it's too fast and late so there's a precip hole from I-95 west. Just drizzle/light rain and nasty all weekend.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, katabatic said:

34.3 this morning with a thick coat of frost on the cars and roofs. Spectacular day today - wish this would stick around for the Autumn Glory festival this weekend but looks like umbrellas will be as ubiquitous as the pumpkins. 

Yeah, unfortunately the weather looks meh this weekend for the festival.  Won’t be long before first flakes though!

• Like 2

On 10/11/2023 at 11:54 PM, WEATHER53 said:

Was today anniversary of DC area stations earliest snowfall measurements? 

On 10/12/2023 at 6:55 AM, BlizzardNole said:

23 hours ago, midatlanticweather said:

It was.. Even in Richmond Virginia it snowed some on October 10, 1979. I remember because it was on my brother's birthday. Crazy! 

8 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Dulles had 1.5 and in Beltsville we had 1”

Yep, that event is where my record keeping started, amazing here, close to 10 inches fell. We had no power for 3 days due to all the trees broken off and uprooted across power lines. I think most of the lower (southern) Shenandoah Vally got 4-8 inches with the mountains getting a bit more. Bonus, there was PLENTY of firewood for the next several seasons. 

• Like 3

After a low of 48° today, high went up into the low 70’s once again. Went for a walk after my sleep for the day and it was fantastic. 

Looking wet for tomorrow. Wife and I are going to a graduation party in the afternoon for her friend getting their Doctorate, then shoving off to work. Tomorrow morning and Sunday morning will be fantastic to get some sleep for nights. 

I’m thoroughly looking forward to the string of early fall weather this coming week. Temps are fantastic. We have the HVAC on off till further notice. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, MillvilleWx said:

After a low of 48° today, high went up into the low 70’s once again. Went for a walk after my sleep for the day and it was fantastic. 

Looking wet for tomorrow. Wife and I are going to a graduation party in the afternoon for her friend getting their Doctorate, then shoving off to work. Tomorrow morning and Sunday morning will be fantastic to get some sleep for nights. 

I’m thoroughly looking forward to the string of early fall weather this coming week. Temps are fantastic. We have the HVAC on off till further notice. 

Are you in Frederick City or another part of the county?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic