Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Octorcher or Roctober 2023 Discussion Thread

Damage In Tolland

2 hours ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Can we please get this in snow season?  A Saturday, snow breaks out mid-morning, we get 6"-10" while the Pike region tokes on a fat spliff of cirrus.

overperformer here today-started at 8am-no model had that....moderate rain all day although a few models did have us getting into heavier amts, none had the early start

5 hours ago, dendrite said:

I don’t have fruit yet on my trees, but I have fruiting buds setting for the first time this year so hopefully I get some flowers and fruit next year. I fellow grower in IL has sent me some in the past so I’ve gotten to try a bunch of varieties. I don’t think I’d freeze them because I’ve seen many people get upset stomachs from eating saved, frozen pulp. I’d probably eat some fresh, sell some, make iced cream, and offer some to the local brewery and let them experiment with a pawpaw beer. 
image.jpeg

I have a couple dogwoods and get a ton of berries, I looked up to see if I can do anything with and read the asians make jam with them. Seemed like to much work so I've been chucking them into the woods.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

But remember climate change is total nonsense. Its not like it's turning the northeast into Virginia or anything 

Well it’s more the fact that it’s not a cold pattern for us. Wasn’t trying to go that angle lol. But yeah we know it’s warming overall. 

20 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Hydrangeas still blooming here...

Screenshot_20231015_092421_Gallery.jpg

This area had zero hydrangea blooms or flowers this summer due to -15 temps on bare ground last winter. Literally not one seen anywhere..Now there’s a few blooming in some yards with beautiful blue flowers in mid October. While all the trees yellow and brown and just dropping leaves faster than Ray’s hopes of a good winter are fading 

34 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This area had zero hydrangea blooms or flowers this summer due to -15 temps on bare ground last winter. Literally not one seen anywhere..Now there’s a few blooming in some yards with beautiful blue flowers in mid October. While all the trees yellow and brown and just dropping leaves faster than Ray’s hopes of a good winter are fading 

We had no blooms either. Zapped. Haven’t seen any new blooms though.