• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

52 minutes ago, Twitching Trucks said:

Jesus H Christ. You know what I love? Wading through dozens of bickering fool posts about who wants the end of the world and who doesn’t, just to get the one out of 10 that actually discuss weather and the science behind it. I’m not even knowledgeable enough to be called a neophyte here, but I love the weather…all the weather. It also affects my job, so I come down to these first 3 layers of hell to gain further insight about it…but damn, it’s getting painful to glean the useful bits out. Kick me out if you want, call me all of the name, I don’t really care, but you guys are nearly intolerable.

I come here for the meltdowns, and you can do a better job than that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Jesus H Christ. You know what I love? Wading through dozens of bickering fool posts about who wants the end of the world and who doesn’t, just to get the one out of 10 that actually discuss weather and the science behind it. I’m not even knowledgeable enough to be called a neophyte here, but I love the weather…all the weather. It also affects my job, so I come down to these first 3 layers of hell to gain further insight about it…but damn, it’s getting painful to glean the useful bits out. Kick me out if you want, call me all of the name, I don’t really care, but you guys are nearly intolerable.

I find it entertaining and makes the weather analysis more fun. I know if we have a flurry of a chance of a flurry or blizzard of snow kevin will be on it. I enjoy extreme weather and enjoy the enthusiasm and fights. Love hearing the models coming in east while someone else says west and wait for the realist to explain it. :)

• Like 2

I seem to recall reading once years ago how the 2 weeks before 1938 was described as ‘unusually wet and sultry’

Now granted, sultry is rarher outmoded as a word usage in present culture … But I believe having so many persistent dewpoint days over 70° with daily run-ins with flood warnings and stuff qualifies as similar to that same turn the phrase

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spaizzo said:

I find it entertaining and makes the weather analysis more fun. I know if we have a flurry of a chance of a flurry or blizzard of snow kevin will be on it. I enjoy extreme weather and enjoy the enthusiasm and fights. Love hearing the models coming in east while someone else says west and wait for the realist to explain it. :)

D.

All of the above 

17 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Lee looks like garbage . Dry air just took over North side of system again . Seems it just can’t get its act together . Thought it was back this afternoon now looks like crap .

is this the inner eyewall collapsing finally or is it basically the storm crapping itself . Haven’t checked in this pm till now 

Now this is an overreaction if I've ever seen one. Lee is in the latter stages of an ERC, and though the inner eyewall is fighting back it will be toast in the long run. I expect that by tomorrow Lee will clear a big, beautiful eye.