• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Lee--Glorified Nor'Easter or Legit Tropical? Near Miss or Direct Hit?

WxWatcher007

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I know you aren't serious but my boss lives in Montpelier and had her house trashed in the flooding back in July.  She has flood insurance but it has been a nightmare to deal with, they won't pay for anything above 30" off the floor and just the fact that she had insurance has made her ineligible for forms of assistance.  It's been a nightmare.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I know but I've heard that often from people who seek anomalous weather events but the data indicates homeowners tend to fight for months, even years, with insurance companies to cover their losses and a good percentage never get back what they lost. That's the issue I have with weenies wanting damage. They'll marvel at it for a few hours and then suffer for years afterwards. That doesn't seem like a situation I ever want to get into.  

Nobody including myself wants to see others deal with that. But from an Awe perspective, it's what drives us to be Mets and hobbyists. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Fuck it, that's what insurance is for.

I mean I posted it earlier in the other thread but a guy I work with had his home damaged by a fallen tree during a t storm this summer and the insurance wants to give him like 5% of what it’s going to cost to fix it.

Insurance is great in theory, never in practice.

When I was younger I was 100% on board with crazy weather, now, eh.

• Thanks 1

Whether people want them to happen or not is irrelevant because if it's going to happen it's going to happen...plain and simple. But for those who work in the field or follow this stuff for a passion, all you want to is prepare folks the best you can and stress life is more important than anything else.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I mean I posted it earlier in the other thread but a guy I work with had his home damaged by a fallen tree during a t storm this summer and the insurance wants to give him like 5% of what it’s going to cost to fix it.

It's a scam. 

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Nobody including myself wants to see others deal with that. But from an Awe perspective, it's what drives us to be Mets and hobbyists. 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

When I was younger I was 100% on board with crazy weather, now, eh.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It's a scam. 

That's more what I meant.  I like watching the power of storms too.  I just can't believe the crap that people have to go through when they have claims.  It's crazy.

6 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Well said.  Where I live has tiny earthquakes, small (or no) tornados, modest tropical storms and (occasional) big snowstorms.  My preferred mix, though any extra snow is appreciated.

While you're here do you mind a forest question? I have lots of small pines that are beginning to get brown spots like this. Is this normal behavior for the fall.

20230911_125241.jpg

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Fuck it, that's what insurance is for.

Insurance Co. SUCK!
I was in the hospital for an extended stay, triple bypass. I had a leak in the bedroom bath, came back to mold everywhere. I contracted ServPro (i would never recommend) Claim adjuster came out and approved claim. I could go on...8 months later, 35k lighter. Insurance paid dime to dollar. I considered a lawyer...
Next time I will get 100% cost of repair!   

LEE TRACK:  40/70 or bust.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s at 850mb though. Looking at sim radar and 10m the wind field is large but weakening. A more westward heading though if that continued would probably get decent wind inland. Just not sure we get a deep westward bend. 

• Like 1