Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

45 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Thank you! Unfortunately, this is not something she will recover from so it’s the stage of just being comfortable. 

Not really sure. It smelled like plastic burning or something even worse. 

Sorry to hear Wiz. It’s never easy watching a loved one go through it. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mreaves said:

Sorry to hear Wiz. It’s never easy watching a loved one go through it. 

Thank you! It's certainly not easy at all. It's one of, if not probably the worst part of life (at least on an individual level). Maybe in the grand scheme of things there are worse but this definitely sucks.

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I'm probably in the minority but I can't stand the Doors.  

There may be two of us in the minority on this however, I do like this song and really enjoy Rick Beato's breakdown of it.  If you're unfamiliar with his channel and enjoy music, it's definitely worth checking out:

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Layman said:

There may be two of us in the minority on this however, I do like this song and really enjoy Rick Beato's breakdown of it.  If you're unfamiliar with his channel and enjoy music, it's definitely worth checking out:

I love Rick Beato's stuff.  Still can't stand the Doors though.

• Like 1

just back from ice skating on a local pond. Nice black ice. Bunch of kids playing hockey. Nice. Temps stayed a little cooler than forecast and keep the ice perfect.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Angus said:

just back from ice skating on a local pond. Nice black ice. Bunch of kids playing hockey. Nice. Temps stayed a little cooler than forecast and keep the ice perfect.

See through, clear black ice is the best! 
3”+ thick you could drive a car on. 

• Like 1

What a horrific week. My mom passed away early Tuesday morning (though there is some solace in that it was in her sleep...it was getting to the point where she was starting to get uncomfortable with not being able to breathe) and then not even 24 hours later, the step-mom to my older siblings and who was essentially like a second mom to my and my two younger siblings passed away too. 

• Sad 17

What a horrific week. My mom passed away early Tuesday morning (though there is some solace in that it was in her sleep...it was getting to the point where she was starting to get uncomfortable with not being able to breathe) and then not even 24 hours later, the step-mom to my older siblings and who was essentially like a second mom to my and my two younger siblings passed away too. 
Sorry for your losses

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

I'm sorry paul for your loss, I can relate in the pain losing both my parents in a 10 week period last august-october.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Horrific for sure, not one but two huge losses.  May you stay strong through this trial.
The bolded reminded me of my mom, years ago.  At age 55 she was diagnosed with emphysema, thanks to 40 years of 2-3 packs/day.  She quit cold turkey, but over the next 15 years her lung function gradually failed, the final 18 months on O2 24/7.  In the last months she felt that she could never get a full breath of air.  Her two non-smoking sisters lived into their 90s.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

Oh Paulie how brutal. So so sorry brother 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Interesting / sad statistic I realized today:

I take the obs for PWM;  new snowfall is called in every 6 hours.

This season, I have more Trace observations (22) than I do inches of snow (19").

That's a lot of 'T' obs.  I've only had 9, plus 17 with measurable snow.  (Avg winter here has 25 'T's and 42 with 0.1"+.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

Interesting / sad statistic I realized today:

I take the obs for PWM;  new snowfall is called in every 6 hours.

This season, I have more Trace observations (22) than I do inches of snow (19").

image.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tunafish said:

I'm at 15 obs with measurable, surprisingly close to your 17.  Are those daily cocorahs obs, or another, more frequent increment?

I've done my daily obs at 9 PM since moving to Fort Kent in 1/1/76, and the above numbers are for those 24-hour periods.  (Prior to that, at NNJ and BGR, I observed at midnight.  Given my forester job's schedule demanding wake-up at 5-5:30, I moved the obs time in favor of more sleep.)   
When I joined cocorahs in August of 2009, I merely added the 7 AM obs, not wishing to abandon 33 years of the evening obs.

• Like 2