Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England Met Autumn 2023 Banter

bristolri_wx

6 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Is there a place that you can see meteor reports? When I got on route 202 this morning I saw a pretty big one at around 4:15.. probably the brightest I've ever seen and looked like it was headed for the ground..

Geminid meteor shower is going on now, but i think it is winding down

• Like 2

On 12/14/2023 at 10:09 AM, CoastalWx said:

How is that confusing? There is maybe .3 watts/M2 additional in strongest cycles. Look it up.

So then why do you think it felt abnormally warm? Do you think it's just that it was in the mid 40s? The other thing is I have black leather seats so maybe because it was so sunny...

26 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

So then why do you think it felt abnormally warm? Do you think it's just that it was in the mid 40s? The other thing is I have black leather seats so maybe because it was so sunny...

I think honestly it was just mild. You get those light wind days and temps near 50 and it reminds you of March. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/2/2023 at 6:24 PM, JKEisMan said:

Just experiencing amazing winter storm in Vienna, Austria. Over 30cm of snow (1 foot+) over the past day and even more in the west of Austria and Bavaria (1.5 foot+). Great for the Christmas spirit at the Christmas markets around town. I’m not sure of any corrrelation, but growing up I remember talking to relatives in Austria about snowstorms and then getting hit with snow 2-3 weeks later in Connecticut. Probably some wishful thinking and biased memories, but here’s hoping I bring some of this back to the states for later in December! Forecast is for more snow here later this week…

image0.jpeg

image.thumb.png.349eb8986e9b2b025376a572676eb6ec.png

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ForestHillWx said:

I can’t place it, but this forum is so much better to read than the NYC forum, of which my local is on the outskirts regardless. 

There’s just a better sense of jovial posting that simply does not exist in the Tri-state. Must explain my constant yearning to escape NJ for VT.  

Agree

I like this subforum

4 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Apparently, old man winter is visiting Asia this year. 

Beijing shivers through coldest December on record https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-67818872

Upper midwest too

Blizzard Conditions Threaten to Disrupt Travel Across Northern Plains - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

This was taken one block over from my brother in laws in ventura yesterday. We had already left to fly back, but would have been cool to see it.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8QUM9Bu/

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Wow, mini tsunami.  Looks like there had already been some sort of high water.

3 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

This was taken one block over from my brother in laws in ventura yesterday. We had already left to fly back, but would have been cool to see it.
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8QUM9Bu/

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Looked like it was just going to splash those people near the water but kept on going and going, I noticed a couple of people to the right didn't run fast enough.