• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discobs 2023

George BM

All the rain today is to our west.  All the rain tonight will be to our east.  It never ends.

I’ve begun to accept that Frederick is now a semi-arid steppe climate, until further notice. The outcome this summer has been similar to the front range of the Rockies. I don’t expect the pattern to change until the jet stream dips south in the Fall and finds a way to tap into the Gulf/Atlantic.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

I’ve begun to accept that Frederick is now a semi-arid steppe climate, until further notice. The outcome this summer has been similar to the front range of the Rockies. I don’t expect the pattern to change until the jet stream dips south in the Fall and finds a way to tap into the Gulf/Atlantic.

Just be patient and wait about 10 days................. It will get worse..........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 87storms said:

Waiting to see my first tumble weed here in Ballenger Creek...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Minus some miracle tropical hail Mary storm, it is not raining here anytime before November.   These fronts produce nothing, and the drier it gets the less chance that they will.

I think your right.  El Nino should begin to kick in about November. Until Then.....................

September and October tend to get very dry without tropical contribution because thunderstorm season is over.

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Minus some miracle tropical hail Mary storm, it is not raining here anytime before November.   These fronts produce nothing, and the drier it gets the less chance that they will.

If we continue at this rate, it will be a very busy brush fire season this fall. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Cluster of showers developing in the southern valley where it's been alot wetter heading this way, will they make it ? Or will they fade just before they get here or just magically jump east for some reason toward hooville ? :)

As expected the gradual move toward charlottesville occurred,  finished a supposedly wet 3 day period with a final total of 0.03... 0.56 final August total.. For whatever reason - right now it does indeed appear that the northern half of the Valley simply can not recieve much or any precipitation....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, H2O said:

Not liking the heat next week

It looks awful. And probably will continue into at least the second week of the month, although maybe like upper 80s/low 90s vs near 100 next week. Might have to start looking at record warmest September and see how close we may get.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic