Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Banter 2023

George BM

Today:

Partly sunny early, then clouds increasing late w/ a few showers possible. Record high temperatures expected. High 73. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tonight:

Showers and thundershowers early, then a steady soaking rain overnight. Some snow or sleet may mix in late. Low near 35. SSW winds at 10 to 20 mph shifting to NE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Rainfall possibly over one inch.

Monday:

A wind-driven heavy snow throughout the day with blizzard conditions expected. Thunder possible. A morning high of 34 with temps falling into the lower 20s by the afternoon. Winds N at 25 to 40 mph. Snow accumulations of 18 to 24 inches expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.

Monday Night:

Windy. Snow showers early, then skies clearing overnight. Low near 10. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulations of less than one inch.

• Like 6

• WxUSAF pinned this topic

With all the travel yesterday, I didn't really have a chance keep on top of the trade deadline moves. Nice pick up for the Os, but that's it?

I kind of agree with this take.

The Baltimore Orioles and Cincinnati Reds are cowards

It’s all right there for two division leaders far too worried about tomorrow

https://deadspin.com/mlb-trade-deadline-orioles-reds-verlander-no-hitter-1850699165

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

18 hours ago, CAPE said:

With all the travel yesterday, I didn't really have a chance keep on top of the trade deadline moves. Nice pick up for the Os, but that's it?

https://deadspin.com/mlb-trade-deadline-orioles-reds-verlander-no-hitter-1850699165

Asking prices were insane. The White Sox wanted Holliday for Dylan Cease. The O's apparently made a deal acceptable deal with the Mets, but Verlander wanted to go back to Houston.

1 hour ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Asking prices were insane. The White Sox wanted Holliday for Dylan Cease. The O's apparently made a deal acceptable deal with the Mets, but Verlander wanted to go back to Houston.

No way Kate Upton was coming to Baltimore lol.

19 hours ago, CAPE said:

Needed to add another Bull pen arm 

Sounds like they were legitimately in on Velander but he controlled where he was going with his full no trade.

• Like 1

I drive across to VA several times a week. I usually cross at the Brunswick and Point of Ricks bridges so I get a good view of the river below. 

It is low. Lower than I have remembered ever seeing it. You can actually see the green plants/Algae on top of the surface rocks. The younger Miss J commented to me that you could not go tubing or you would scrape your butt up. I had to agree with her. When we crossed over the Shenandoah last weekend on Rt 7 it was the same out there. The show we went to the ground was hard as concrete. All riders were told nothing more than a walk when outside of the rings. And absolutely no jumping outside of the rings. The grass in my neighborhood which had been holding on to some form of green has given up and now yards that are not watered and common spaces are brown and crunchy. 

We need some nice steady rain over this way. Not soakers as it will all just run off. As I sit on my deck I look at a sky that looks like it could rain. But I know it won’t. 

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Grasslands National Park in Saskatchewan, Canada. Pics are from sunset last night and one from this morning’s hike. Incredible scenery here.

image.jpeg.0e005af5cf3141f138262e7458f1599e.jpeg

Nice picture. It makes me think of: Earth for sale. Build your $1,800,000 house. only 40-50% taxes. Just an out of place energy. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2023 at 12:45 PM, NorthArlington101 said:

Speaking of people moving, my username is about to be wrong again. Moving into the Mt. Vernon Triangle area of DC in late August. Not expecting to see snow ever again.

THIS WINTER, You'll see plenty of snow. Lots of storms, and they are gonna get timed perfectly, and you are gonna get Palisaded. Or Mammothed. Or Alta'd.

• Like 2

On 7/31/2023 at 9:30 PM, George BM said:

Today:

Partly sunny early, then clouds increasing late w/ a few showers possible. Record high temperatures expected. High 73. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Tonight:

Showers and thundershowers early, then a steady soaking rain overnight. Some snow or sleet may mix in late. Low near 32. SSW winds at 20 to 30 mph shifting to NE, gusting 35 to 45 mph. Chance of rain near 100%. Rainfall possibly over three inches.

Monday:

A wind-driven heavy snow throughout the day with blizzard conditions expected. Thunder possible. A morning high of 32 with temps falling into the middle teens by the afternoon. Winds N at 35 to 50 mph. Snow accumulations of 28 to 44 inches expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 65 mph. Prohibitively high drifts expected, Roads will be impassible. Visibilities will be nil. Travel not encouraged.

Monday Night:

Windy. Snow squalls early, then skies clearing overnight. Low near +3. Winds NW at 35 to 48 mph. Chance of snow 90%. Snow accumulations of 3 to 6 inches before tapering off. Additional drifting of snow expected.

FIXED. You forecast a winter storm, give it passion!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RickinBaltimore said:

Solid performance yesterday. Also, Ryan Mountcastle is going to have his passport revoked to go to Canada at this point.

I rarely make a prediction that comes even remotely close to fruition.

:lol:

On 7/25/2023 at 6:09 AM, nw baltimore wx said:

The possible good news is that Mountcastle will probably get more playing time. Some regular at bats and maybe he could get hot.

Saw this stat on a Tweetstream called "Orioles Fans Say":

"Stat of the Day - The Baltimore Orioles have played 42 straight games versus teams currently over .500. The Orioles have a combined record of 25-17 (.595) over that stretch, which would equate to a 96 win pace over 162 games."

That's really amazing. This team is the best O's squad since 1997, I believe. Better than 2014. And now they're beginning to crush the opposition, so those "But their Pythagorean!" mopesters will hopefully be silenced soon. 

• Like 1

Os now 27 above .500. This is starting to shape up to be a special season. And they’re still doing all of this earlier than expected. Crazy to think they still have Holliday, Kjerstad, Norby, Mayo, etc down on the farm to call up. They will need to address pitching, but that may need to wait until next trade deadline or the ‘24 offseason if the intention is to grab a true ace. Not too many #1s coming up for free agency this off-season.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic