Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August model and weather disco

weathafella

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Best chance for anything really is going to be western Mass and northwest CT and then across southern VT/NH and maybe into northeast MA. HRRR has really backed off the last several runs. 

Thanks. That’s what I thought but saw local weather model this am that appeared it was going to get interesting here in CT between 8-10.

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Winni/Center Harbor always gets lit up, Generally on that trajectory, Lakes region in Maine to me will get hit if they hold together.

Meaning that it stays south of here.  So far this year we've had one strike about 2.5 miles distant and nothing else closer than 5 miles.  Despite all the rain and dews, to date it's the poorest year for lightning we've had here.  Morning shower dropped 0.15"; maybe we have a bit more coming.

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Meaning that it stays south of here.  So far this year we've had one strike about 2.5 miles distant and nothing else closer than 5 miles.  Despite all the rain and dews, to date it's the poorest year for lightning we've had here.  Morning shower dropped 0.15"; maybe we have a bit more coming.

don't feel so bad, we've hardly had any exciting storms. not expecting much with this line. it'll come over sebago and dissipate or slide south like most of the time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Tom, I've had a few but they were about the same distance you had, Nothing close either and really no good TS, They have either stayed north or south of here, Not really expecting much today either other then more showery rain.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Radar is around 7" there. Jesus.

I was thinking that radar might be contaminated a bit by yesterday, but even still.

If the entire west slope of the Pico to Killington stretch of the Greens is getting 3-6” right now… those poor drainages going down towards Rutland are going to be destroyed.

0A737A8A-E251-4FC6-B1D0-F343382E75ED.jpeg.a0d6ce400ae9deb9e3f53ef5706fc686.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was thinking that radar might be contaminated a bit by yesterday, but even still.

If the entire west slope of the Pico to Killington stretch of the Greens is getting 3-6” right now… those poor drainages going down towards Rutland are going to be destroyed.

0A737A8A-E251-4FC6-B1D0-F343382E75ED.jpeg.a0d6ce400ae9deb9e3f53ef5706fc686.jpeg

You’re right, didn’t realize it was from yesterday. Subtract like 1.5” or so. Still ridiculous as you said. 

• Like 1