Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2023

Stormlover74

4 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Not our day

That's ok if that ends up being the case. We didn't get much yesterday either (missed us just to the south as Allsnow got hit), but we got lucky with that nice storm on friday. I got 1.36" from that one. I do think we're gonna get a decent amount from the batch moving in right now. It's raining moderately here now and we certainly could get a half to three quarters of an inch from this batch. 

• Like 1

Records:

Highs:

EWR: 101 (1988)
NYC: 99 (1980)
LGA: 97 (1980)

Lows:

EWR: 57 (1946)
NYC: 56 (1946)
LGA: 58 (1946)

Historical:

1920 - A severe hailstorm over parts of Antelope and Boone counties in Nebraska stripped trees of bark and foliage, ruined roofs, and broke nearly every window facing north. (The Weather Channel)

1946 - The temperature at Medford, OR, soared to an all-time high of 115 degrees to begin a two week heat wave. During that Oregon heat wave the mercury hit 100 degrees at Sexton Summit for the only time in forty years of records. (David Ludlum) (The Weather Channel)

1975 - An early afternoon thunderstorm raked the east side of Tucson, AZ, with gale force winds, heavy rain, and numerous lightning strikes. A thirteen year old boy was swept through a forty foot long culvert by raging waters before being rescued. (The Weather Channel)

1979: The most damaging tornado in Wyoming history touched down 3 miles west-northwest of the Cheyenne airport. This strong tornado moved east or east-southeast across the northern part of Cheyenne, causing $22 million in damage and one fatality. 140 houses and 17 trailers were destroyed. 325 other homes were damaged.  Four C-130 aircraft and National Guard equipment sustained $12 million damage. Municipal hangars and buildings suffered $10 million in losses.

1987 - Showers and thundestorms in the southwestern U.S. ended a record string of thirty-nine consecutive days of 100 degree heat at Tucson, AZ. A thunderstorm at Bullhead City, AZ, produced wind gusts to 70 mph reducing the visibility to near zero in blowing dust. Southerly winds gusting to 40 mph pushed temperature readings above 100 degrees in the Northern Plains. Rapid City, SD, reported a record high of 106 degrees, following a record low of 39 degrees just three days earlier. (The National Weather Summary) (Storm Data)

1988 - Thirty-seven cities in the eastern U.S. reported record high temperatures for the date. Highs of 96 degrees at Bluefield, WV, and 104 degrees at Charleston WV were all-time records, and afternoon highs of 98 degrees at Binghamton, NY, 99 degrees at Elkins, WV, and 103 degrees at Pittsburgh PA, tied all- time records. Highs of 104 degrees at Baltimore, MD, and 105 degrees at Parkersburg WV were records for July, and Beckley, WV, equalled their record for July with a high of 94 degrees. Martinsburg, WV, was the hot spot in the nation with a reading of 107 degrees. Afternoon and evening thunderstorms raked the northeastern U.S. with large hail and damaging winds. (The National Weather Summary)

1989 - Showers and thunderstorms developing along a stationary front drenched the Middle Atlantic Coast States with heavy rain, causing flooding in some areas. More than five inches of rain was reported near Madison and Ferncliff, VA. Hot weather prevailed in Texas. San Angelo reported a record high of 106 degrees. (The National Weather Summary)

45 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Where’s Rmine and why isn’t he in celebration mode right now

Sorry. The neighbors called Pilgrim State on me to have me evaluated because I was outside barefoot, in my underwear, dancing in the puddles! 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

Yea. It was sharp. I was just inside it. I got 3” very quickly. Been awhile since I saw rain like this

Yeah the models were off by about 25 miles too far west. 

question is are we done for the day?