Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

2 hours ago, BrianW said:

Has been a pretty normal June here along the shoreline. GON is -.1 and HVN is -.5 for June. 

YTD departures. 

GON 
+10.1
+4.8
+3.5
+4.4
+.9

HVN
+10.9
+5.1
+4.1
+5.1
+.6

Looks about right.  Torch in the winter and then as temps come up the departures go down.  Trying for endless April/May year round.

4 hours ago, BrianW said:

Has been a pretty normal June here along the shoreline. GON is -.1 and HVN is -.5 for June. 

YTD departures. 

GON 
+10.1
+4.8
+3.5
+4.4
+.9

HVN
+10.9
+5.1
+4.1
+5.1
+.6

If that doesn’t perfectly illustrate recent winters here, I don’t know what does. Further we move away from winter, the cooler the departures get 

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

3Yi5OMP.png

The monthly state of the climate publication for June's gonna be interesting ...

Presently Earth is being touted as paced for the hottest June ever since humanity become sentient of the scientific method. 

It's like when the graphic is released, we're going to have to be inside this insidiously dark crater like a comet impact amid a panorama of orange and red in order to make both sides work...

Actually ... looking around, we're only averaging -2 or so at HFD/ORH.  

As BOS and PVD, Boston never counts for anything in my mind because of where the station is located/exposed relative to civility ...and PVD's numbers look suspect to me.

26 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually ... looking around, we're only averaging -2 or so at HFD/ORH.  

As BOS and PVD, Boston never counts for anything in my mind because of where the station is located/exposed relative to civility ...and PVD's numbers look suspect to me.

PVD is definitely sus as Brian showed. But generally -2 to -3 when looking at the big boy stations and some coops. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

PVD is definitely sus as Brian showed. But generally -2 to -3 when looking at the big boy stations and some coops. 

oh I didn't see you guys brought it up.  Yeah I've been noticing that site with those outlier values for awhile. 

This Euro run ...for that matter, the operational blend going back several runs now is not really even a cool temperature profile for us. 

The hydrostats exceed 570 during diurnal maxes from D2 to D8 ... It's like in principle all we've done is traded the heat wave look in for a "DP heat wave" ...  Just won't reflect in the temperature half of the sensible weather. 

Obviously though we have more trough aloft compared to the modeling from a week ago but you get what I mean...  The trough itself is not deeper the 576 heights - it's possible we've been over purchasing the cool cloudy aspect

You can see daily destablization explosions on the Euro run every 18z to 00z during that time span. It's probably 77/72 in between 4"/hr rain rate cores.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not gonna lie, it's been nice at times. But I'm looking forward to a little summer vibe. 

Me too. The warm season is short enough with out losing June. Now its almost July. Said it before, the older I get, the harder it is to live here weather wise. My retirement house on the intercoastal in Wilmington, NC is looking pretty good.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Brutal. Can't take it anymore

We've obviously had sketchy Junes before, but this is over the top. It's like the inverse of wasting the short days of early winter. These are the days when we should be out there letting the juices run down our chins in the lingering twilight until 9:30 or 10:00.

This is going to start having a real impact on summer businesses too. Places like water parks and beach spots are going to take a beating.

All of that said, gorgeous day out there today...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PWMan said:

We've obviously had sketchy Junes before, but this is over the top. It's like the inverse of wasting the short days of early winter. These are the days when we should be out there letting the juices run down our chins in the lingering twilight until 9:30 or 10:00.

This is going to start having a real impact on summer businesses too. Places like water parks and beach spots are going to take a beating.

All of that said, gorgeous day out there today...

friend of mine has ABB camp rental in Greenville and says rentals are way down. He said by now they are usually booked for the summer, but has lots of availability. I'm sure it's part weather and economy. Went out cycling last night and should have brought the jacket. It was 59-60 when I finished. Tonite should be better. 

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Me too. The warm season is short enough with out losing June. Now its almost July. Said it before, the older I get, the harder it is to live here weather wise. My retirement house on the intercoastal in Wilmington, NC is looking pretty good.   

Chances for hitting 90 are all but gone, as we've not reached that mark in July/August/Sept here since 2002.  The 5 days of 90+ from 2017 on include our only 2 in May and 3 in June.

10 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Chances for hitting 90 are all but gone, as we've not reached that mark in July/August/Sept here since 2002.  The 5 days of 90+ from 2017 on include our only 2 in May and 3 in June.

Wow, I had no idea. So your peak heat climo is June? 

43 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Wow. Not even a 90 on 7/22/2011?

• Like 1