Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

12 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah that’s what it seemed to do there… bit more sun, less rain, hotter maxes.  Either way pretty consistent ~70F dews it’s seems.

”Real feel” is probably the same either way.  78/73 with rain or 87/66 with sun.

Idk those dews come with a ton of clouds. Not liking the forecast. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Dog poo FTL

Nah I am totally on that here. Twice a day without hesitation. Been hearing complaints about Flys all around.  It will pass. A rite of summer in rural farmland. 

On another note the bird feeders have attracted so many different types of birds this year.  Had to look up a couple. Also I have this Pignut hickory growing this year. The leaves are huge. That wood makes excellent baseball bats.

20230618_071034.jpg

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Idk those dews come with a ton of clouds. Not liking the forecast. 

agreed...

Better for outdoor activities if a Bahama Blue pattern could fully commit.  Unfortunately, we've moved the story for the end of the week from a heat wave, to a possible arriving Bahama Blue, now gunk...

Assuming we're talking about the end of the week/weekend ...? 

It may improve late Saturday through ..

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

These always end up with cloud streamers, breaks of sun more streamers , downpours. You know the drill. Anthony making it seem like a wire to wire coastal Noreaster with non stop rain 

I don't like the overall look. Hopefully it pushes west into PA and NY.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

If the WF is slow to move north, it's gonna be a lot of clouds. I'm just not a fan of the look unless you're a mushroom farmer.

I just took a look at the IR and it does look cloudy as F saturday. Hopefully we can get it out of here to salvage some sun for Sunday. 

10 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

Today was my 4th day without measurable precip this month. 

Only the 2nd dry day here, and the one-day dry "streak" ended with 0.05" overnight.  However, it's the 2nd consecutive Monday w/o precip - maybe a pattern? :lol:
After lots of CoC wx in April and May, essentially none (maybe last Monday) this month.  Five PC days and 14 cloudy, zero sunny.  Today is PC at best.

The late week upper 80s have faded to a couple days at 83 but given the month's avg max of 64 thru yesterday, low 80s will be plenty warm.  Also have not seen a TD above 60, and that's set to change, too, with likely boomers over the weekend.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Thursday could certainly feature  widespread heavy rain, especially south of the Pike, PWATS are pretty damn high and that's a pretty potent LLJ feeding moisture.

0.88" here since May 22nd, definitely could use some heavy rain...We can jack in this area during the winter when it is above 32°, but not when it counts for the garden....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

0.88" here since May 22nd, definitely could use some heavy rain...We can jack in this area during the winter when it is above 32°, but not when it counts for the garden....

I actually kind of screwed up on my post...the axis of heavier rain would probably be to our southwest. 

29 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

From reading the posts in here for years, I'd bet there are many happy to hear this 

We grow legal this year, my first legal year since I started growing when I was 18. 6 plants doing well. Today's sun definitely needed. We strawberry kush, white widow. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We grow legal this year, my first legal year since I started growing when I was 18. 6 plants doing well. Today's sun definitely needed. We strawberry kush, white widow. 

Keep an eye on those plants as you progress along as white powdery mildew can become a problem on occasion later this summer, That could end up being a buzz killer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Keep an eye on those plants as you progress along as white powdery mildew can become a problem on occasion later this summer, That could end up being a buzz killer.

I grow bocking 4 comfrey and this is the first year I've seen powdery mildew on some of those leaves. Usually I grow cukes and they seem to always get hit hard, but the comfrey is usually unscathed.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I grow bocking 4 comfrey and this is the first year I've seen powdery mildew on some of those leaves. Usually I grow cukes and they seem to always get hit hard, but the comfrey is usually unscathed.

Yes, Cukes always get hit hard,  I have to stay on the cukes with neem oil every year, They're very susceptible to white powdery mildew, I have found that if other plants are nearby that can be infected, The spores will transfer to them and become a problem as well, That's what happened to my pot plants one year, Especially the white widow strain is why i mentioned it.