Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

24 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They’re doing away with op Euro entirely later this year. Won’t even be run. Only eps daily.. so in reality it doesn’t matter what it shows 

Is that true?   Do you have a link with that announcement?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Euro looks like a moist southerly flow with that upper low in the Ohio Valley. Definiltely looks like it could be stormy at times, but will kinda feel like summer at least. 

pretty much has dews 65-70+ starting Friday through the end of the run .. about time it felt like summer 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They’re doing away with op Euro entirely later this year. Won’t even be run. Only eps daily.. so in reality it doesn’t matter what it shows 

Wait what? Scrapping the operational run?  Or just transitioning it to the control run of the EPS?

35 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Does this mean the Day 1-15 EPS resolution gets worse going from 18km to 36km grid resolution?

Consistent resolution

In Cycle 48r1, the horizontal resolution will be kept at 36 km for all extended-range predictions. Currently it is 18 km up to day 15 and 36 km up to day 46.

The change was motivated by research experiments which did not show any statistically significant impacts resulting from the change in resolution.

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I honestly don't understand it fully. Sounds like the control run will act as the op run? 

That was what I assumed. There’s no way they just don’t run a high-res operational run after all the work put into it.  No one just scraps that.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That was what I assumed. There’s no way they just don’t run a high-res operational run after all the work put into it.  No one just scraps that.

I think resolution of EPS will increase too? I don't quite understand it, and the language to me sounded like they were looking at the process...but it wasn't a concrete definite yet. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think resolution of EPS will increase too? I don't quite understand it, and the language to me sounded like they were looking at the process...but it wasn't a concrete definite yet. 

See that link Dryslot had sounded like resolution decreased days 1-15 from 18km to 36km.  Unless that’s not the EPS but a completely different model… but it was talking about going from 51 to 101 members.

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

See that link Dryslot had sounded like resolution decreased days 1-15 from 18km to 36km.  Unless that’s not the EPS but a completely different model… but it was talking about going from 51 to 101 members.

Oh I didn't read it. Will take a look.