• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

I feel there's some chance that a vestigial long-wave axis may set up neutral axis ... somewhere around the Appalachia longitude, give or take.  

The EPS and GEPs outright do so by D10, whereas the GEFS does as well, however ... positions the "super structures" too long in wave length for either the amount of gradient complexion over the hemisphere, as well as the recent -GLAAM.  Not sure we're losing this latter index, so I suggest losing a GEFs isohypses in the means and that might allow more meridian curvature/W correction.  We may be dealing with a "seasonal relative negative index" AAM for this summer  ... first half of it anyway.

Anyway, the short version of that is, a remnant L/W positioned more like the EPS and GEPs would seem a better fit.  

From a "super structural" perspective, having such a weakness west, constructing a deep layer S flow ( 'Bahama Blue'/EC parallel subtropical conveyor) is a reasonable fit for the standard atmospheric index changes projected to occur over the next week to 10 days.  The PNA is supposedly less statistically coherent during JJA, but that doesn't mean it's not coherent at all... It's moving from negative to neutral/positive during this next 10 days, whilst the NAO is moving positive.  It's a weak eastern trough signal, embedded in a eastern rising heights (+NAO), so the "telecon arithmetic" likes it

Heh, as an aside ... it's interesting to have a historic June MDR activation when considering above. I've always fantasized seeing Nassau to NYC pipeline in place while the MDR delivers a cyclone west ... regardless of the time of year.  Muah hahaha.   It'd have to be a long shot... longer then the typical length haha. I mean any given moment in time, the MDR is much more likely to fail to recurving early, anyway, but during a -AAM local slow structure tendency, that would seem to make getting this far west odds even longer.

Medium-range (or more-so longer end of medium-range) forecasting right now is almost pretty pointless. There is or has been no clear-cut signal as to what to anticipate. The hemisphere (at least our end) continues to be in a state which continues to elicit the tendency for EC troughiness and closed lows. 

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Medium-range (or more-so longer end of medium-range) forecasting right now is almost pretty pointless. There is or has been no clear-cut signal as to what to anticipate. The hemisphere (at least our end) continues to be in a state which continues to elicit the tendency for EC troughiness and closed lows. 

It's like the Seth MacFarlane movie, "A Million Ways to Die in the West" with Charliz Theron. 

Only in New England, there's a million different ways to keep it cold and CAPE starved. Lol

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This is one of those patterns where it’s cloudy by 10a and raining by lunch up there. 

Terrain does no favors… it’ll start pissing me off if outdoor time starts getting curtailed regularly.

Pray for swing and misses, unfortunately Mansfield area isn’t very good at that.  Maybe we can escape in town.

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I like how we have no problem pulling 50s in june and january now. 

Jokes aside... stepping back, waaay back, and just sort of characterizing the last 10 years ... it seems there's a real phenomenon ( however faux due to shorter sample size, notwithstanding - ) to smear the seasons together?

I mean that's not statement of fact ... again, just the distant 'illustrative impression'  Obviously, winter's colder than summer, duh.

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Its still going to suck until it doesn't, Change my mind.

No argument!

I was just musing to PF last night, that talking about pattern changing doesn't sell very well after Stockholm Syndrome has taken toll and it's thus quite mythically utterly impossible - haha

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No argument!

I was just musing to PF last night, that talking about pattern changing doesn't sell very well after Stockholm Syndrome has take toll and it's quite mythically utterly impossible - haha

And this is true, 3 days of sun up here out of 19 this month, And looks like 3 more then another showery weekend, May not be the same pattern we just had, But it will yield similar results and still sucks, We need an extended period of stein to commence, Garden wise though, I'm much better off then many i would say here, A lot of folks i talk to have or had a redo.

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No argument!

I was just musing to PF last night, that talking about pattern changing doesn't sell very well after Stockholm Syndrome has taken toll and it's thus quite mythically utterly impossible - haha

Ha, yeah. Think it’s hard to sell a change in summer… but then remember trying to get the snowless to buy a pattern change in winter.  Folks definitely need to see it to believe it.

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

seems weird to have the E PAC or the PAC quiet with multiple chances in the MDR...in June...with a Nino setting in?

Oh it’s very strange. This is probably more for the tropical thread, but originally I thought the pattern (with a propagating CCKW) would set the EPAC off first. Crickets so far there.

I’m not sold yet, but we may be seeing the first signs that the historically warm basin is screwing up how the Atlantic shear profile looks in what we would normally see in a strengthening niño. 

I mean this isn’t what I’d expect to see for the last half of June into July. Especially not in this ENSO profile.

Rk71xQu.png

LSh9N2o.png

I think the other critical thing that’s being overlooked is that unlike past years—even the active ones—we are seeing far less stability issues and more moisture in the MDR as SAL has been anomalously low when it would be peaking climatologically.

That’s a huge red flag to me. 

h6qz5rj.jpg

• Like 2