Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June 2023 Summer Begins

Damage In Tolland

On 6/21/2023 at 3:19 PM, Typhoon Tip said:

This Euro run ...for that matter, the operational blend going back several runs now is not really even a cool temperature profile for us. 

The hydrostats exceed 570 during diurnal maxes from D2 to D8 ... It's like in principle all we've done is traded the heat wave look in for a "DP heat wave" ...  Just won't reflect in the temperature half of the sensible weather. 

Obviously though we have more trough aloft compared to the modeling from a week ago but you get what I mean...  The trough itself is not deeper the 576 heights - it's possible we've been over purchasing the cool cloudy aspect

You can see daily destablization explosions on the Euro run every 18z to 00z during that time span. It's probably 77/72 in between 4"/hr rain rate cores.

word!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dendrite said:

76° today with nary a cloud and low dews…and yet I’m still hot. 85/65 will feel like Hot Saturday right about now

Ha I was just thinking that.  We had RH drop to 28% and 82F felt plenty hot in the highest sun angle.

Raising dews by 20 will be felt.

39 minutes ago, dendrite said:

76° today with nary a cloud and low dews…and yet I’m still hot. 85/65 will feel like Hot Saturday right about now

I was just wondering that ...the acclimation angle.  If skies end up more optimistic Tomorrow and Saturday... those thermals would support 88...  Can you 'magine 88/71 ... ho man

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Why are we naked hi-fiving?

I think folks are just responding to the fact that today was considerably proven more optimistic than was purported by either machine or man... 

Now some question as to the degree of shits tomorrow and Sat ...etc, comes to bear.    Right or wrong not withstanding -

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Sad. Kinda legit bummed.  I was hoping those submariners might be rescued. 

Would’ve been a great story, like the cave rescue. Sort of glad they just got eviscerated immediately though, instead of a slow 3+ day death.

That was a news story that captivated the world.  Likely because it plays to most people’s worst fears. Slowly dying under water.

And unlike Malaysia Airlines, the public knows what happened, it makes sense.