Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You’re insane and obviously know nothing of the 93 storm. You’re judging a weather event based upon how much snow fell in your yard alone. Granted it wouldn’t have been as awesome had I not gotten nearly 30” of snow, it was an event that has no equal when you consider it covered from Florida to Maine. Do some research.

I was there, lol. It was one of the events that deepened my love for meteorology. I know all about it.

Not just my backyard, I was thinking regionally, as this is the mid-Atlantic forum. We've had much better storms where the whole region did well, not just the west. Giving up snow for 5 years is insane. Giving up snow for 5 years for a storm that was just good to great, but unspectacular for the majority of the sub forum is....what?

16 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

You’re insane and obviously know nothing of the 93 storm. You’re judging a weather event based upon how much snow fell in your yard alone. Granted it wouldn’t have been as awesome had I not gotten nearly 30” of snow, it was an event that has no equal when you consider it covered from Florida to Maine. Do some research.

image.png.2eaca43d8fe36079c682e74ecb28ab4c.png

38 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I thought that at first glance but if you loop the run and look at the blocked flow over the top…it can’t cut. It’s going to try though and that’s when we get annihilated, when a juiced up bomb tries to cut but can’t!  Sure we might mix but that would have been an absolute monster solution had it gone out to day 12.

Y’all can save the “it’s 10 days” crap. I can math and read a calendar. Obviously I know this is never going to be 100% correct and it’s just one of a bunch of permutations to this pattern.  But this kind of solution is finally supported by the longwave pattern and realistically possible. Doesn’t mean it will happen. I’d bet against it if I had too. But it’s a way better bet in this pattern than at any time all season when we were wasting time on bullshit that had absolutely no chance based on the pattern.  This is finally a pattern worth keeping an eye on threats. 

snowstorms that show up on models in a bad pattern almost always end up in rainstorm.

snowstorms that show up on models in a good pattern usually snow for the Southeast or the Northeast and skip the Mid Atlantic

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

that actually sucks 

Control always follows the OP to an extent. Idk the science behind it exactly. It’s lower resolution so smooths things out a bit. It probably wouldn’t be as good at picking up CAD etc. Need a met. to explain, just basing this on observation. Not that it matters at all, but I do think the OP would have probably gone inland a bit, but would have def had a lot of WAA snows ahead of the low.

We’re 10-12 days out, models still figuring out how that Pac energy will progress east. We have the overall indexes on our side so at this point all we can do is hope. By end of weekend hopefully we have a legit threat to track.

8 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Honestly, I was gonna say the same thing.  Don't get me wrong, I'd be very happy with it, but for what is being advertised...it's just ok.   But the starving can't be choosey

the OP EURO would of given us 18-30---i dont know what the euro control did--but it looks like a front end dump and then cutter type stuff lol

22 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

control is pretty darn similiar at Day 10 so if you want to see how that run might've ended up... yes it's a Day 12 snow map. I'm desperate 

1678687200-9rwPgjBU9W4.png

Looks like the storm track for the 1993 Superstorm

35 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

control is pretty darn similiar at Day 10 so if you want to see how that run might've ended up... yes it's a Day 12 snow map. I'm desperate 

1678687200-9rwPgjBU9W4.png

its minor for day 10 but look at h5… the control is phasing the arctic jet in about 6 hours faster. It’s already phased at 240 while the op is still getting its act together. That makes a huge difference since once it phases it cuts due north from SC coast to PA. 6 hours later and it tracks up the MD coast into NJ which is a big difference here. 

But the difference between 20”, 6” to rain, and an all rain cutter is noise at this range.  The fact that solution is on the table is all that matters. 

Lastly…for those rooting for a 93 remake keep this in mind, that is playing with fire.  About the only scenario that allows a cutter in that flow is a fully phased bomb that buckles the flow.  Any other solution is forced under the block.  Doesn’t mean we couldn’t get a monster storm. March 58 comes to mind.  But a full phase bomb opens the door to an inland track. Of course a non phase opens the door to suppression so pick your poison.  Place your bets. Chips all in.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

Superstorm 93 was the best storm ever.  I know it mixed with sleet in these parts, which ruined it down here.  But I lived in southern PA at the time where it was all snow...and I've never seen a storm that ferocious.

IDK. Jan of 16 was pretty awesome. That was the most intense snow I have ever seen. 

• Like 4