Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

its minor for day 10 but look at h5… the control is phasing the arctic jet in about 6 hours faster. It’s already phased at 240 while the op is still getting its act together. That makes a huge difference since once it phases it cuts due north from SC coast to PA. 6 hours later and it tracks up the MD coast into NJ which is a big difference here. 

But the difference between 20”, 6” to rain, and an all rain cutter is noise at this range.  The fact that solution is on the table is all that matters. 

Lastly…for those rooting for a 93 remake keep this in mind, that is playing with fire.  About the only scenario that allows a cutter in that flow is a fully phased bomb that buckles the flow.  Any other solution is forced under the block.  Doesn’t mean we couldn’t get a monster storm. March 58 comes to mind.  But a full phase bomb opens the door to an inland track. Of course a non phase opens the door to suppression so pick your poison.  Place your bets. Chips all in.  

I would roll those dice. Of course, a 93 repeat would such for those to the east but sometimes people have to be sacrificed for the greater good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

its minor for day 10 but look at h5… the control is phasing the arctic jet in about 6 hours faster. It’s already phased at 240 while the op is still getting its act together. That makes a huge difference since once it phases it cuts due north from SC coast to PA. 6 hours later and it tracks up the MD coast into NJ which is a big difference here. 

But the difference between 20”, 6” to rain, and an all rain cutter is noise at this range.  The fact that solution is on the table is all that matters. 

Lastly…for those rooting for a 93 remake keep this in mind, that is playing with fire.  About the only scenario that allows a cutter in that flow is a fully phased bomb that buckles the flow.  Any other solution is forced under the block.  Doesn’t mean we couldn’t get a monster storm. March 58 comes to mind.  But a full phase bomb opens the door to an inland track. Of course a non phase opens the door to suppression so pick your poison.  Place your bets. Chips all in.  

You and Brooklyn are almost pulling me back in.  Almost.  If this fails, you both will be booted.  It is what it is.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Just now, Ji said:

a 1993 would be really fun to track on the forums....can you imagine if we were doing this weenie stuff back then

This board would completely bog down if it was around back then, same internet connection.   If It happened again, we'd have to go into emergency protocol....shut down every board feature except bare essential...basically no pretty graphics, no pics...nothing but the ability to read and post.  Capping threads at like 10 pages.   I hope it happens one day.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

This board would completely bog down if it was around back then, same internet connection.   If It happened again, we'd have to go into emergency protocol....shut down every board feature except bare essential...basically no pretty graphics, no pics...nothing but the ability to read and post.  Capping threads at like 10 pages.   I hope it happens one day.

It would take 5 minutes to get 10 pages. Literally. 

None of us would sleep for days. 

Holy shit would be the most used phrase for those getting hit. Fuck this shit for those not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Ramjet said:

You are right, just seems like a lot less with no snow winters like this one and 2019. As a matter of fact, I had nothing close to climo last year in northwestern Loudoun county.

Yeah last year wasn’t great up either. Missed out on the early Jan storm that gave most a good snow. 

23 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Yeah I don’t want a march 93. Sure I remember getting 10” before the change over, but the sleet/rain ruined that storm for me. 

19 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Yup.  Don't want another 93 down here

If we ever do get another full latitude triple phased bomb it’s not going to take an identical track. 50 miles west and those asking for a repeat are regretting it. 50 mikes east and we’re all happy.  But a storm like that does open the door to a cut even in a great pattern because once the arctic jet phases that will become the dominant feature and buckle the flow around it. 

1 hour ago, Its a Breeze said:

Taken at face value this is illogical and makes absolutely zero sense. Especially given the fact that we've had multiple storms since (and numerous prior) that have been way better....by far.

What are we missing?

One of my favorite parts of this sub is folks arguing about impossible hypotheticals, like giving up 5 years of snow for a March 93 redux.

It’s ridiculous, so my turn. : )

No way I would give up 5 years of snow for one storm.  This board melts down when we have one putrid winter.  Imagine the absolute train wreck it would be in here if we failed for 5 consecutive years bc one poster made a deal with the devil like this that took!

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Interstate said:

IDK. Jan of 16 was pretty awesome. That was the most intense snow I have ever seen. 

93 was incredible as far as what it did to the nation. As far as local events go nothing can touch 2016 IMO. I will never live to see 40 inches from a single storm in my life again. No chance. 

15 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

One of my favorite parts of this sub is folks arguing about impossible hypotheticals, like giving up 5 years of snow for a March 93 redux.

It’s ridiculous, so my turn. : )

No way I would give up 5 years of snow for one storm.  This board melts down when we have one putrid winter.  Imagine the absolute train wreck it would be in here if we failed for 5 consecutive years bc one poster made a deal with the devil like this that took!

I’d be ok giving up everyone else’s snow

• Haha 2

Just now, CAPE said:

I mean, its not impossible. As I have said, give me one solid 6" snow event that sticks around for a day and I'll be content after this disaster of a winter.

looks like a true block as well with a trough stretching from the E US into Europe. kinda like your avatar :)  

• Like 6