Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

7 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Agreed, i think 14-16th period looks fantastic, my
Negativity today was more towards this 10-11th range where we saw the euro yesterday blow up an event because it ejected the energy out west faster.

Tonight GFS still not pushing energy along. Canadian does but it’s kind of sloppy. GFS still looks solid as we move beyond the 11th…

d0341c7080e671f37060900b9e530889.jpg

Gfs is the ultimate kick in the nuts. Suppresses 3 straight waves, the last of which teases the crap out of us but crushed central and southern VA…then miller b’s us when the main energy ejects.  

1 hour ago, Heisy said:

Agreed, i think 14-16th period looks fantastic, my
Negativity today was more towards this 10-11th range where we saw the euro yesterday blow up an event because it ejected the energy out west faster.

Tonight GFS still not pushing energy along. Canadian does but it’s kind of sloppy. GFS still looks solid as we move beyond the 11th…

d0341c7080e671f37060900b9e530889.jpg

set up looks good now 2 plus weeks out then something shits the bed and it will end up near normal or above normal. it always says cold 2 weeks out then it gets pushed back or it moderates as we get closer to the event.

• Weenie 2

8c47a64cf84f022a99f17fca1a0ebb0c.jpg

00z GFS 10:1 map for this weekends storm.

This one isn’t ours but the 10th onward should hopefully be game time with a much a more favorable boundary setup, legit. blocking, and a -EPO in place.

Screw it. I’m going to try to be optimistic. It’s our last window of opportunity (a good one at that) and we have quite literally nothing to lose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

@$#!?%# 384 hours.  Why??

6z Gfs hits us with wave 1 day 11 then us setup to hit us again when it ends. Yea it’s in unicorn land. No way it has the details and wave timing right. But it shows how this type of pattern could play out. This time such a result is supported by the longwave pattern drivers and not just some BS artifact of chaos at long leads. 

• Like 9

Have been cynical wrt LR looks and rightfully so given what we have endured this season wrt LR guidance. However, I am beginning to like the look on the GEFS as we head to day 10-12. I know. Fantasy range. But the look is improving this time and moving up. -NAO signal, 50/50, trof South of AK, PNA ridge developing in response trying to even bridge with the NAO. This could work for March:

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_50.png

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

6z Gfs hits us with wave 1 day 11 then us setup to hit us again when it ends. Yea it’s in unicorn land. No way it has the details and wave timing right. But it shows how this type of pattern could play out. This time such a result is supported by the longwave pattern drivers and not just some BS artifact of chaos at long leads. 

Forecasts of Mountain torque and angular momentum off the charts per HM. 

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

Well it’s good to see the models finally reflecting what y’all were getting at.  I still remain just gun shy man.  Wish i could help it. I’m here for the time period you guys are highlighting.   

31 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Have been cynical wrt LR looks and rightfully so given what we have endured this season wrt LR guidance. However, I am beginning to like the look on the GEFS as we head to day 10-12. I know. Fantasy range. But the look is improving this time and moving up. -NAO signal, 50/50, trof South of AK, PNA ridge developing in response trying to even bridge with the NAO. This could work for March:

I’m all in for another shot at winter. That’s what we’re here for right!? Why would you give up now? Snow is snow as far as I’m concerned. I don’t care what month it is!  As long as these looks continue to improve over the coming days, those who have already gone cliff diving into another cliff will be back (as ghosts). :lol:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

4CCCFB22-1ED8-42E9-A34D-F4CEEADB3A51.thumb.jpeg.dc1557573afe642c386acfba3cbef861.jpeg

• Haha 2

I thought you guys would be pumping the 300hr panel, it finally shows a vortex/trough moving across our region. I wouldn't expect snow in this pattern at all. The High up top is the only thing really fundamental for a snowstorm, they always trend toward a GOA low. Once that -EPO/west -NAO moves out, it should be a flood of warm air(on the current model). 

f300.thumb.gif.6a29666b3211f75c3a23916c857908fc.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@Ralph Wiggum @CAPE really nice trend here with the ULL from the Rex block and the S/W of focus over the last few runs... we've see increased separation between the two features, and 12z is even showing ridging popping up between the two... this would allow for the S/W to get booted E instead of getting trapped W

this is what the ECMWF/CMC ENS had, and hopefully it's a sign that they're handling the pattern better

ezgif-5-6724116b90.thumb.gif.9022d2cc47bf41f0dac0812cada61a55.gif

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Blizzard Hunter said:

I'b be on bored for something close to a March 1993 superstorm type of deal (Which I know is not going to happen), otherwise bring spring. Given how this winter has gone, it is not surprising that as climatology works less and less in our favor the models are finally showing some good setups. 

Sounds like you're a blizzard hunter.  I'm all for a good snowstorm, but mounds of snow lasting through April is a debatable cost.

• Like 1