Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Daddy, they at eastern mass wx promised mid winter mayhem. What happened?

Mayhem, but not the kind we like

47 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hopefully a long hot dewy summer from Mem Day through Labor Day. 

Poor Berg. Hope he’s patient through September. I know he can do it. :( 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

6z EPS was a lot more tame. Hopefully this cold shot glances. 

Wouldn’t be shocking to find some way to fail here too.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hopefully it will. I’m all set with those temps and bare ground. 

It’s still winter technically, isn’t it? Why wake up to another torch morning in the upper 20s when we can do something anomalous on the right side for once?

I’ve always found it amusing that so many proclaim to love winter but it’s wholly conditional. 

It can be cold…but not too cold. I want frozen…but not ice, that’s scary. It can snow…but not after March 15. 

Just fast forward to March and the tournament. :axe:  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Really wouldn't take much for a more glancing blow. Would be nice to be able to ice fish once locally this winter, so let's freeze some pipes 

Old me would be all in favor of this, but I’d hate to see the chooks struggle and fruit trees and bamboo get whacked just because of 48hr cold.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s still winter technically, isn’t it? Why wake up to another torch morning in the upper 20s when we can do something anomalous on the right side for once?

I’ve always found it amusing that so many proclaim to love winter but it’s wholly conditional. 

It can be cold…but not too cold. I want frozen…but not ice, that’s scary. It can snow…but not after March 15. 

Many individuals like snow but dislike cold weather...I'm with ya...bring on the cold!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Old me would be all in favor of this, but I’d hate to see the chooks struggle and fruit trees and bamboo get whacked just because of 48hr cold.

Yeah more invested there. All I have is oaks and maples. I wouldn't want it more than a quick shot. Generally  find myself enjoying warmth more these days, but those euro runs are just so anomalous. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

better chance of ice golf than ice fishing..

The lake by my house has completely frozen over and gone out 4 times this year. Been pretty wild. This week may atleast get the edges safe. All you need is 1-3ft of water to catch rainbow trout in the winter

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’d be all for it with a nice pack, but how effing dumb and fitting is it for this winter to produce bullshit snow and a potential record cold snap for a day with rain to follow. Fuck that. 

Oh, it’s awful. Without question. 

It’s just so uncommon to get below zero here I want to see it whenever it’s possible.

My last subzero day. Different landscape :( 

aeZsVfL.jpg

20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Unconditional here whenever it decides to show up we embrace from Oct to May

• Like 1
  • Confused 1