Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We burn 2 brush fires in Modfans hometown. 5 acres and 2 acres in Killingly Brooklyn area. I work across the street from the Danielson FD. They have been going all day.

I was there, about 2.5 acres, someone burning brush and got away from them

8ABC13CE-73AC-4CEE-B394-B2299E6D7745.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

We burn 2 brush fires in Modfans hometown. 5 acres and 2 acres in Killingly Brooklyn area. I work across the street from the Danielson FD. They have been going all day.

No rain in almost 3 weeks and dry landscape and wind . Gonna be a lot of fires next 2 months until leaf out 

2 hours ago, FXWX said:

I'm going to give some props to Tip... Back in December he chatted with me about his expectations that another record setting warm blast could visit during February 2023.  He was bullish on a warm period in January, but really liked the potential for another Feb record smashing period... 

This isn't surprising at all...I mean, I had Feb 2018 as a monthly analog.

I wonder how much of a difference it would have made in the Jan monthly temp departures if that historic cold shot had a couple of days earlier. Maybe down from like +8 to +6? That monthly departures are what killed me....I expected a huge thaw in January, but not for it to last all Month. Lol

La nina shifting more west may have played a role, too.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No rain in almost 3 weeks and dry landscape and wind . Gonna be a lot of fires next 2 months until leaf out 

pretty amazing that it is so dry there-seriously. up here things are pretty wet, lots of ground water/mud where there isn't snow cover, streams running, etc. heck, my way back yard down by the stream is still frozen solid with about 8+" pack. going to be a while since that area doesn't get a lot of sun

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This isn't surprising at all...I mean, I had Feb 2018 as a monthly analog.

Nice... Actually, thinking back, I do recall reading your outlook and noting the 2018 analog... Don't have them in front of me right now, but what were a few of the max temps during Feb 18

6 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Nice... Actually, thinking back, I do recall reading your outlook and noting the 2018 analog... Don't have them in front of me right now, but what were a few of the max temps during Feb 18

80 at FIT lol. Although FIT at times seemed warm. Lost of mid 70s though on 2/20 and 2/21