joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

18 minutes ago, tunafish said:

My coop gonna get crushed?

Screenshot_20230121-205919_Gallery.jpg

usually... when we are expecting a good snow dump, I throw a tarp over the coop and run, so they aren't butt deep trying to scratch the ground, also keeps them a little warmer cause I don't use a heat lamp in the winter, just my two cents

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ok, how likely is it that these violent endings aren’t pipe dreams?  Some are violent, some are anything but.  

Yeah I’m still heading against it but the more guidance that shows it, the more likely it becomes. Even the 12k closed off h5 right as it was passing under us…so there’s a reason to watch it. 

It takes a lot of things to like to get those big rates. I’m expecting snow for much of SNE tomorrow but I’m leaning toward just steady light snows for the most part that might have trouble accumulating…esp low elevations and further south. But hell, even a bit of a compromise would help in getting 2-3” for many. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I’m still heading against it but the more guidance that shows it, the more likely it becomes. Even the 12k closed off h5 right as it was passing under us…so there’s a reason to watch it. 

It takes a lot of things to like to get those big rates. I’m expecting snow for much of SNE tomorrow but I’m leaning toward just steady light snows for the most part that might have trouble accumulating…esp low elevations and further south. But hell, even a bit of a compromise would help in getting 2-3” for many. 

Some 1 to 2  per hour in here. Ratios as well

338EAF38-DCB8-47DB-ABBD-72D03E2842BE.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Yup-steady light snow now.  At first I thought it was lint from someone’s dryer not now it’s legit light snow with tiny flakes. Outside heading to the packie for some guests coming later.

Weird little blowup of precip 

8F773481-A6C7-47BD-967B-E454D1D3BDDE.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That snow that just blew up is pretty neat

It’s bizarre looking…almost what you’d expect when a midlevel low is going over like the south coast of RI but we don’t have that yet. Almost convective looking…

• Like 2