• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Genug Shoyn Mit warm and brown! Is Jan 19-20 a storm to shift the vibe?

mahk_webstah

Just now, subdude said:

You performed well on this one. I haven't measured yet but I only had about 2" this morning and about another 1-2" from rd2. Won't be able to measure until tonight when I get home from the brewery. I don't think I got much more than 3-4" total.

That northeast corner of ORH county seemed to do really well with the flip back to snow last night....down on winter hill in northern ORH city, there was just a brief flip at the end, so it was like 10 miles was the difference between a coating and 4"+ from last night.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That northeast corner of ORH county seemed to do really well with the flip back to snow last night....down on winter hill in northern ORH city, there was just a brief flip at the end, so it was like 10 miles was the difference between a coating and 4"+ from last night.

yep seems like it was a good hit for that area as well as Sterling/Princeton. Still coming down in the Burg probably close to 4" where I'm at. I'm sure out toward Ashby they got more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Snuck up to 33F during this little lull and all the snow melted off the sidewalk....lol.

Looks like next batch is coming in though and temp is dropping again as sun goes down. Should be able to accumulate pretty efficiently from here on out.

When do you anticipating it shutting off?  Hoping I can get home in time to  see a little coming down

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Just got back from Wachusett.  Looks like they had 5-6” at the summit.  Snowing all day there

At my house, the settled amount is around 4.5”.  This second round really saved me. 

Wait, you got several inches during the day today?  Save for maybe a half hour of steady light snow this morning we barely had any precipitation today.
 Seems like heavy precipitation didn’t start until Orange/Athol area?  My friend in Shutesbury is at 1200’ and he said hardly anything there.  

• Like 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Wait, you got several inches during the day today?  Save for maybe a half hour of steady light snow this morning we barely had any precipitation today.
 Seems like heavy precipitation didn’t start until Orange/Athol area?  My friend in Shutesbury is at 1200’ and he said hardly anything there.  

Yeah.  Woke to only around an inch.  Left the house around 8:30 and it was snowing a bit.  Must have kept on going 

AF53456B-8220-47D5-99D8-1356C5003F0B.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Now that's amazing as I am raining

At 1:30-2pm on 95 to 128, it was snowing Attleboro to Sharon, tailed off a bit norwood/dedham, then changed to rain in Needham.  :D   Snowed mostly from Waltham to Lexington then changed to rain again in Woburn.  There was more accumulation in Walpole/Sharon at 400' than anywhere up to Waltham

22 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

When do you anticipating it shutting off?  Hoping I can get home in time to  see a little coming down

Shoulder linger well into evening for our area. Just looking upstream radar plus 18z NAM, it seems like at least until 8-9pm? Might be even a little later. We won't have it ripping moderate like som eof those brief bands earlier today, but it should accumulate a lot more efficiently even if its light as temps drop below freezing and eventually into upper 20s.

52 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I noticed that driving around Worcester this afternoon, back home I'm just wet.

17 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Shoulder linger well into evening for our area. Just looking upstream radar plus 18z NAM, it seems like at least until 8-9pm? Might be even a little later. We won't have it ripping moderate like som eof those brief bands earlier today, but it should accumulate a lot more efficiently even if its light as temps drop below freezing and eventually into upper 20s.

Thanks.  Looking forward to seeing it.  We’ve had some sporadic flakes in Dudley ((CT border) but no sign of at all.  Just more mud.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks.  Looking forward to seeing it.  We’ve had some sporadic flakes in Dudley ((CT border) but no sign of at all.  Just more mud.

I don't expect much more in way of accumulation, but wouldn't be shocked if we grab another half inch after the sun sets....hopefully those bands hold together enough to give some good mood snow this evening. I def lost snow in the last hour or so when the really steady stuff slowed down and temp creeped to like 33F. Had the front walk completely covered in about a half inch to an inch and it's 100% wet now. Other surfaces are still caked in snow, but it compacted some for sure.