Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 13-14 Ski Season Savior

greenmtnwx

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

at this point, we just try to enjoy a snowy afternoon as it is happening, knowing that we are washed clean by morning.  But at least we do have a real shot at a good period of winter, and a real snow pack down the road.

Mark,  it's going to be interesting to see how much is washed away.  Especially to your northeast.  I bet the warm air doesn't make it to me until just about the end.  Whether we stay in the 30s tomorrow or get into the warm air for a few hours will make a difference.  I'm betting I will have a glaciated pack tomorrow night, at least to keep everything white.  It will be fun to watch!

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

I just realized Albany radar must be out, or is there just no precip?  

There's no precip.....next round is back in OH/PA....though there should be some lighter stuff trying to develop almost overhead this afternoon.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

There was some snow out ahead of the main show that's falling now, Models have had this, The bigger batch is with the warm front that ruins the party outside of NNE.

I'm hoping that most of the heavy stuff waits until my ski club session this afternoon/evening is done.  Soggy middle schoolers are no bueno

I just got back from North Conway- 25 degrees and heavy snow. I almost got stuck in Crawford Notch. That last mile is pretty steep uphill and then you pop out at the AMC Center and it's a flat plateau before it starts heading down hill all the way to the CT River valley. But that last mile is a doozy, and I have bald tires. I literally had my hazards on and popped my corolla into low gear and turned off traction control. Inched along at like 3mph watching my rpms to make sure I didn't blow my transmission because while I may have only been moving at 3mph, my tires were probably spinning at 50mph. Just barely made it. Was at a dead stop in the slow lane for about 5 mins before I was able to get some forward movement.

Whole different world in Bretton Woods. The snow has changed over for the most part- barely any accumulation- and my car said 29 degrees but I think Whitefield is already at like 34 degrees. Attitash and Cranmore might just do ok. When I drove past Cranmore it was Moderate snow, and passing Attitash and then a little further past I drove in heavy snow and could barely see in front of me.

I am so glad I made it home! I have an appointment to get snow tires put on this coming Saturday. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

22 degrees and some nice mood flakes falling north of the 45th. Still have a solid crusty base, hoping for a net gainer out of this at least, we're like 8 inches from grooming, but the 3/4 inches of rain after a sloppy 4 inches isn't gonna get us there. 

PXL_20230112_211607835_copy_2040x1536.jpg

About 1".  The latest AFD mentioned cooler with a bit more snow, the P&C upped our town's overnight before the RA from 2-4 to 3-5, while the probability map/table showed a distinct decrease since earlier in the afternoon.  I'll go with the AFD/P&C, thank you.  ;)

In happier times, how much SN in your area from the mid-December dump?  20-27" along the Route 2 corridor in Franklin/Oxford, 22 for the home front.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, tamarack said:

About 1".  The latest AFD mentioned cooler with a bit more snow, the P&C upped our town's overnight before the RA from 2-4 to 3-5, while the probability map/table showed a distinct decrease since earlier in the afternoon.  I'll go with the AFD/P&C, thank you.  ;)

In happier times, how much SN in your area from the mid-December dump?  20-27" along the Route 2 corridor in Franklin/Oxford, 22 for the home front.

Yeah I have been on conference calls most of the afternoon, I'll have to see if CAR shifted anything in their AFD. We're almost there right now, Moosehead lake finally locked up last night too, not terribly later than usual, but this snow, rain and warm isn't gonna help ice.

We ended up with about 8 inches at 500 ft elevation in Willimantic, 12 inches in downtown Monson, and 16 to almost 18 inches north of town at 1,100 ft elevation. That storm was definitely sharp cutoff by elevation. Was hoping for a repeat with this storm cause then we would have really been in business!