Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Banter

George BM

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

Once he’s gone, maybe then they can get a deal worked out with NPS to replace RFK with a dome/retractable roof stadium that can also host the Super Bowl, CFP, Final Four, etc.  And be metro-accessible.  Bezos can write a check for the $2 billion cost without batting an eye.

Plus, we can stop the embarrassing tributes, have a true rebrand - name change and all, and just have people here who know what they're doing. It's not too much to ask for

On 1/15/2023 at 9:41 AM, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hey @yoda...as a LOTR fan yourself, I thought you would perhaps appreciate this.  I've got the extended Bluray editions of the movies and have seen them at least a few times each over the years.  Of course, I also had seen the theatrical releases when they came out.  But this weekend I actually decided to watch them back-to-back-to-back!  A veritable LOTR-athon!  Not all in one night, but over like 3 nights.  And I'm still amazed at how well filmed it is, all the little nuances, etc.  I still pick up things that I hadn't noticed before (seems true of all good movies).  Watching them in sequence gives a different effect and more continuity, too, while the previous movie is still fresh on your mind.  Glad that Jackson decided to film it that way, without a long lag between each one.  And it's hard to believe that Return of the King is now some 20 years old (that's the one I have left to watch tonight)!!

I'm admittedly a little bit of a Tolkien geek. With young kids and a self-employed wife (editor) who often works nights and weekends, I don't get much time to watch TV, but a few months ago I was able to rewatch the extended trilogy for the first time in years. Totally agree...it's amazing what that team was able to pull off over 20 years ago. Simply astonishing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

Got it. Sorry for posting what a local met has in her long range forecast in our long range thread. Carry on folks. 

Pushing to Banter real quick - I actually do like hearing what Ava has to say since I don't get to listen to the local Baltimore mets on air and I know she knows her stuff... what my tiny gripe was that it seemed like you were shutting down discussing a mid/long range threat with the ENS in the long range thread by saying it doesn't matter till 3 days, which is now ironically your complaint, haha. Think we are kinda in agreement. 

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Pushing to Banter real quick - I actually do like hearing what Ava has to say since I don't get to listen to the local Baltimore mets on air and I know she knows her stuff... what my tiny gripe was that it seemed like you were shutting down discussing a mid/long range threat with the ENS in the long range thread by saying it doesn't matter till 3 days, which is now ironically your complaint, haha. Think we are kinda in agreement. 

Yall can follow whatever you want, however long you want. I just said I wasn't following more than 3 days out. Yall do yall. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhiteoutMD said:

It feels like we have had above average precip the last 3 months is this true?

The dreariness feels like it, but no.

Not sure if you are counting October, but October started well above average, only to end up close to an inch below average. November was slightly below average, December was slightly above, and so far in January we're well below average.

• Like 1

I am sure the question will come up- and I went and looked this up as I wasn't sure and think this is correct- Roman was only extended through the 2022 season, which means the Ravens don't have to fire him. They can simply let him move on, sort of like they did with Wink last year. Or they can extend him. Don't even..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CAPE said:

I am sure the question will come up- and I went and looked this up as I wasn't sure and think this is correct- Roman was only extended through the 2022 season, which means the Ravens don't have to fire him. They can simply let him move on, sort of like they did with Wink last year. Or they can extend him. Don't even..

Into the damned sun. 

A Highly Anticipated Presser

The Ravens announced yesterday that Head Coach John Harbaugh and GM Eric DeCosta will address the media Thursday at 2:30 p.m. This particular presser is a slight detour from normal protocol. Harbaugh typically addresses the media on his own within in week or so following the end of the season. Consequently, speculation is swirling. The two biggest topics of interest during the presser will be the respective futures of offensive coordinator Greg Roman and quarterback Lamar Jackson.

It is believed that Roman signed a one-year extension at this time last year with a club option for 2023. If the Ravens exercise that option, #RavensFlock will go into meltdown mode, and understandably so. The team has gleaned as much as they can from Roman’s skill set. He will never be even an average passing game architect. There’s a mountain of evidence to support this claim. The Ravens know who he is, what he’s capable of and perhaps more importantly, what he’s not capable of. And that missing ingredient is a prerequisite for postseason success.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2023/01/18/lombardis-way/presser/

• Like 1

Did ya'll see this? Tahoe had 18 FEET of snow in December. Dont know how I am just seeing this. But this is frikin crazy. 

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2022/01/03/north-tahoe-nevada-breaks-snowfall-record-december-18-feet-powder/9081201002/

Man. Jeb would love to have driveway walls like this:

Deep snow from recent storms have partially buried the Donner Lake West End neighborhood just west of Truckee, as seen on Dec. 30, 2021.

• Like 1

• mappy unpinned this topic