Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Banter

George BM

7 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Baltimore sports fans: which team next reaches the playoffs? Orioles or Ravens?

If the O's reach post season let alone world series, next winter we'll have triple digit accums before March.  In other words, just about never.

2023 has some milestones:

40th anniversary of Feb 11 blizzard
40th anniversary of World Series champs over Phillies
20th anniversary of PD2.

But this so far looks quite lambish but it's far too early to punt the season with no significant events.

But wearing shoes with no socks for too long nets a lot of blisters on the feet too! ;)

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, snowfan said:

The Os are still a full season away from truly contending. The young pieces are finally coming into place and I trust Elias but they’re not contending this year. Wouldn’t be surprised if 2024 kicks off a fun 3-5 year run for them.

That's my thinking as well. I mean last year was the definition of overachieving, lol Yeah we need another year to really establish ourselves...And I think we need at least another year to compete with this monster division!

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Wilson scored a goal, Backy assist….Wilson played really well.  I think the team’s rust from the last few games is hopefully gone.

yeah the Caps can be SUPER streaky and things were trending in the wrong direction.  Hopefully this puts them back on track.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

one of the worst owners in sports

Once he’s gone, maybe then they can get a deal worked out with NPS to replace RFK with a dome/retractable roof stadium that can also host the Super Bowl, CFP, Final Four, etc.  And be metro-accessible.  Bezos can write a check for the $2 billion cost without batting an eye.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Once he’s gone, maybe then they can get a deal worked out with NPS to replace RFK with a dome/retractable roof stadium that can also host the Super Bowl, CFP, Final Four, etc.  And be metro-accessible.  Bezos can write a check for the $2 billion cost without batting an eye.

yep - you can redevelop the entire site too.  Build some housing, mixed use, etc.

• mappy unpinned this topic