Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter ‘22-23 Panic Room

NorEastermass128

Just now, Allsnow said:

Meh, I think when people bring up march snow they’re secretly rooting for it. Hopefully we torch in march and April 

March snows mean something in New England especially the further N/W you go. They're rarely relevant in our region and further south. 

The only March storm I would welcome is a major KU

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

March snows mean something in New England especially the further N/W you go. They're rarely relevant in our region and further south. 

The only March storm I would welcome is a major KU

Not happening this year…obviously NNe will snow into April 

3 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

Remember how the pattern was going to be great in December?  We don't even have that false hope anymore...

I think the pattern in December ended up being favorable, caveats apply with NAO blocking, we just didn't luck out and cash in on the pattern.

Pattern looks good-great again post 1/25.  Hopefully our luck is better with this one than the last.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 1:23 PM, tunafish said:

I think the pattern in December ended up being favorable, caveats apply with NAO blocking, we just didn't luck out and cash in on the pattern.

Pattern looks good-great again post 1/25.  Hopefully our luck is better with this one than the last.

It's pretty apparent that a good Pacific is way more important than NAO blocking, I've seen enough bad NAO blocks to know that they carry false advertizing.

Give me a great Pacific over NAO blocking any day, week or year.

I've seen plenty of nao blocks that didn't work out.

3 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

At least 11-12 had beautiful weather, I remember being outside doing things around the yard in my T-shirt in March.

March was incredible. Leaving my office downtown to walk to the T with the temps in the upper 70s and magnolias and pears blossoming and girls in sun dresses  reading on the Common was great.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hoth said:

'11-'12 had a extraordinary early season HECS. This is way worse.

His area didn’t get much in the October bomb. Pretty much was a non-event for anyone along and SE of a BOS-PVD line. Maybe a few slushy inches in some of hillier spots around there but nothing like it was near 495 and westward.